Tokens and SCL

Histamiel
Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Currently, there are more than 120 playable characters in this game. They are distributed between five tiers for now. For each tier, we can use different types of tokens to recruit them, even some characters have been removed. I think each and every character should be recruitable with tokens.
I think it is time to readjust the odds in the different tokens types in a way to take account of the increasing roster of the game.
Standard tokens
Those are more useful for beginners. Actually, they can provide characters of the first three tiers of the game. I think, it will be better off they provide the player with only the first two tiers I think the odds should be rebalance as follow:
- 80% of chance to pull any star.png character (so 10% to pull a specific character).
- 20% of chance to pull a star.pngstar.png (so 1.4285% to pull a specific character).
Elite tokens
Now, they give star.pngstar.png and star.pngstar.pngstar.png. It could be interesting if they only provide star.pngstar.png and star.pngstar.pngstar.png with the following odds:
- 80% of chance to pull a star.pngstar.png (so 5.7142% to pull a specific character).
- 20% of chance to pull a star.pngstar.pngstar.png (so 0.476% to pull a specific character).
Heroic tokens
Actually, they provide characters from three tiers( star.pngstar.png to star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png). It could be interesting to reduce it to 2 tiers. And the distribution could be :
- 80% of chance for any star.pngstar.pngstar.png (1.9047% for a specific character)
- 20% of chance for any star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (so 0.4545% for a sepcific character).
Legendary tokens
Currently, they can be used to pull any star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png and any star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png. The new odds could be :
- 80% of chance to pull a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (so 1.8181% for a specific one)
- 20% of chance to pull a cover for any star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (so 1.667% for a specific one).
I think those changes in the tokens could help each type of players to strengthen their roster more easily and be more inclined to invest in roster slots also.
They may also think to introduce a new token: the Cosmic token. It will provide only star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png and the odds could be as follow:
- 30% of chance to pull the 3 latest (10% to pull one specific character)
- 70% of chance to pull the classics (7,778% to pull a specific character)
An interesting feature could be an exchange system between tokens for an exchange rate. It could be as follows:
- 5 heropointsbig.png to exchange 5 token_standard.png for 1 elitetoken_icon.png
- 10 heropointsbig.png to exchange 5 elitetoken_icon.png for 1 token_heroic.png
- 25 heropointsbig.png to exchange 5 token_heroic.png for 1 token_legendary.png.
Those changes may lessen the frustration of pulling duplicates for higher tier characters and also make long time players feel a better rate of progression.

SCL and tokens
The SHIELD clearance level should also impact the type of token received for a node in PVE and not only the progression rewards. It can be frustrating for a high tier player to receive token_standard.png for a node clear. It could be more interesting, if the token received is more adequate to the roster. So, the following could be implemented for node clearing:
- token_standard.png for SCL 1 and 2
- elitetoken_icon.png for SCL 3 and 4
- token_heroic.png for SCL 5,6 and 7
- token_legendary.png for SCL 8 and 9
- Cosmic token for SCL 10.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol.

So, 2 1/2 LRs will give me a LT, plus I get 9 LTs from each PVE sub?
    So basically 10+ LT pulls per day?

Yeah, sorry this is not going to happen icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think he meant sub rather than node, so instead of receiving a heroic or vault token at the end of each sub it would be a LT.

Still far too generous, but I agree in principle that token odds need to be readjusted. I do like the idea of an exchange system, but we're talking about a crew that has to conduct five panel research into colorless/unexpiring covers. I don't hold out much hope.