Punisher / 3* Captain America / 3* Daken

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Here's the team to beat in the near future. Go after green, blue and red at the start, using Judgement as often as possible to saturate the number of Strike tiles on the board, then let Captain America mop up anything the opposing team has on the board. Let Daken tank for the team when necessary, and toss Molotovs when they're available.

Most strong teams rely on Mags or Spidey, but Daken and the improved Cap seem to offer a new dynamic.

Comments

• I would rather replace Dakan with The Hood.

I wish I had a high leveled Lazy Cap and Punisher to play around with it.
  • I wonder if Daken at 115 will have the points necessary to tank Black and Green when Punisher at 141 has those at 67 and 60 respectively.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't see the point of Punisher/Daken with Cap. Strike tiles are nice, but Cap's red doesn't benefit too much from it: Upping the damage of it from 3.7k to 4k or 4.3k seems marginal since red doesn't really need any extra help. Those 3 seem more like a goodstuff team than a team with a lot of synergy. Hood is definitely Cap's best partner in crime (hue hue hue): intimidate actually really matters with cap red/blue as it gets your ap back faster brings blue down to 2 turns which allows you to stunlock someone, and ap stealing is good for caps relatively expensive abilities. Still undecided on a third that doesn't mess this team up on defense though. On offense LazyThor seems like a pretty good compliment to the 2.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I would rather replace Dakan with The Hood.

I've used this team. It doesn't cover Purple, and there are clashes for Yellow, Black, and Red. Still, it does work very well. The fun move is to have Cap toss his shield for Red and Blue, and then have Hood use Intimidate once or twice to get the shield back faster.

Hood and Cap work very well together, but Punisher clashes a bit. Cap / Hood / Daken might be better.

Edit: Just played several rounds against 200 level goons with Cap / Hood / 2*Daken -- they work very well together. A good counter to Moonstone.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    LazyThor / Hulk / Daken versus LazyThor / Hulk / Daken will be interesting to watch.

LazyThor / Punisher / Daken would likely work better in practice.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    I wonder if Daken at 115 will have the points necessary to tank Black and Green when Punisher at 141 has those at 67 and 60 respectively.

It's impossible for any cover to take Black from punisher, since it's his strongest color
  • LazyThor / Hulk / Daken versus LazyThor / Hulk / Daken will be interesting to watch.

LazyThor / Punisher / Daken would likely work better in practice.

I dunno, I'm hoping for some crazy strike tile anger cascades with hulk and lazy daken. It could get ugly quick.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think yall overestimate how much black the hood gets. you might get 1 time per match where you can shorten Caps shield tosses. Its not going to be that much of a game changer IMO, Hoods benefit will come from AP steal as always, and the black will be a "once in a while" thing.