5* Strange passive playing animation more than once per turn

Akari
Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
I'm trying to figure out what causes this, but I'm not entirely sure. Sometimes when there are 2 goons, he will fire once against the first goon's skill, then when a different goon fires a skill, Strange will play the animation again... but I was in a match vs 2 goons (3rd was dead) and Strange's passive played 3x, so I'm not 100% sure what the cause is, unless they alternated skills, which I'm not sure about.

Edit: I think I got it. If anything plays on my side, like Starlord's passive, between their skills, then we see the animation again. It's similar to if you have both Loki and IM40 CD tiles resolving on the same turn and then all the extra banners make it super slow. This was supposed to be fixed a while back, then broken again, and it's stayed broken ever since...

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same happens with my starlord and str3nge. I love all of the passive effects, don't need them to each dance back and forth every time an opponents fires a power, multiple times per turn.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I've seen that. They probably have the code set up something like:
            Dim lastAnimation As Animation = Nothing
            For Each a As Animation In animationsToPlay
                If a <> lastAnimation Then
                    a.Play()
                    lastAnimation = a
                End If
            Next

So, if you're going Starlord, Strange, Starlord, Strange, the "last" is never itself, so it plays again, thinking it needs to. It probably needs reworked to something closer to:
            Dim animationsPlayed As New List(Of Animation)
            For Each a As Animation In animationsToPlay
                If Not animationsPlayed.Contains(a) Then
                    a.Play()
                    animationsPlayed.Add(a)
                End If
            Next