LR wins not giving 2*'s anymore

Hotnfresh
Hotnfresh Posts: 55 Match Maker
I used to get tons of 2* rewards for LR wins. Since the last patch, I have received 0.

Did they drastically reduce the chance for them?... cuz something is going on.

Comments

• frachr
    frachr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Not a single 2* from 5 LR events. Something is definitely wrong.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Do you have a confirmation bias?"

"My sister has... three... confirmation biases!"

"Well we'll try to handle that for you, (and make a better world) so you can play MPQ too!"
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm usually the first to point out confirmation bias, but I used to predictably get a very good rate of 2* cover rewards from Lightning Rounds and in the last two weeks it has gone from a few per Lightning Round to being lucky to get a few in an entire day. If anything, I've been playing more LRs than previous weeks.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I don't know what the 2* odds are in PVP battles in general (or LRs in particular), but I have been keeping track for several weeks and my personal drop rate is well below 1% ... close to 0.5%.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Last week got 3 star.pngstar.png from all the rounds
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,749 Chairperson of the Boards
    2* drop rate is now abysmally small, I've been tracking for 12 weeks now, you can see my figures here:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=57064&p=622331#p622331

FYI, this week I'm on 0 covers out of 29 matches.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It still goes up and down, but it seems it is more on par with regular PvP drop rates.
    Last night I got 2* Thor's Call The Storm after Three consecutive Lightning round games, so they are definitely not completely gone.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a bagman yesterday. Maybe they've messed with the percentages, maybe it is confirmation bias. But, I can confirm that they are at least still there.
  • Hotnfresh
    Hotnfresh Posts: 55 Match Maker
    They messed with the drop rates for sure. Another week of LR's, approx 30 matches, no 2*'s.

Good to hear some are still getting them. But the general consensus seems to say it's fubar'd.

In the past, some rounds I'd get 8+. Others I'd get 1-2. Def better than pvp drop rates.

Regardless of whatever it is they claim, many months of experience in LR's brings a level of expectation. (Playing over 2 years.) It would be nice if they'd be more transparant with these changes. Makes it seem like we're making exaggerated claims cuz d3 is being ambiguous.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,749 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    I got a bagman yesterday. Maybe they've messed with the percentages, maybe it is confirmation bias. But, I can confirm that they are at least still there.

I champed my Bagman several months ago because I kept getting covers for him. This time I'm still on no 2* covers after 92 battles... fubar indeed!

For me this trend started in January: last LR in December gave 50 covers from 172 battles, first week of January gave 3 covers out of 130 battles.