Unfair Cascade of Doom

Tenaciousdecaf
Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So I started the Hood+Goons node at the end of HOD day 1, and was greeted to two separate match 5s waiting to be matched. After the second critical, I made a third match and a cascade fell from the heavens that resulted in the immediate death of The Hood. The AI took their turn, but I had enough AP from turn 1 that I immediately popped OML's claws, fired off one yellow, and still had enough AP to let loose a Black Bolt scream that killed everything still standing. The AI never even got to use a power, it was so unfair. This game cheats.

Comments

• HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    The only thing unfair I see is that you have a yellow cover for your Old Man Logan. icon_e_sad.gif
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    HaywireII wrote:
    The only thing unfair I see is that you have a yellow cover for your Old Man Logan. icon_e_sad.gif

Wait, are yellow OMLs useful? I've sold off five of those because I don't want 5* yet and it seemed like a lame healing power.

Said no one ever.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I haven't actually seen a 'the Ai cheats' topic in ages, so I'm not sure what point this thread has.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't actually seen a 'the Ai cheats' topic in ages, so I'm not sure what point this thread has.

Seems to me like the point was satire. Perhaps you didn't read the OP?
  • Mechahamster
    revskip wrote:

I understood it was satire, thank you very much.

Perhaps you didn't understand my point?

Satire needs an original.
  • revskip
    revskip wrote:

I understood it was satire, thank you very much.

Perhaps you didn't understand my point?

Satire needs an original.

Gotcha. There was one a couple of weeks ago which was locked (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56718.) That spawned a second thread on the dangers of thread locking (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56752)
  • Mechahamster
    Yeah, occasionally we get a noob who lost to a big cascade or doesn't realize goons auto create their own AP, but those kinds of threads are few and far between. There is no serious debate about wether or not the AI cheats because any player who actually pays attention knows how dumb the AI actually is.
  • revskip
    Yeah, occasionally we get a noob who lost to a big cascade or doesn't realize goons auto create their own AP, but those kinds of threads are few and far between. There is no serious debate about wether or not the AI cheats because any player who actually pays attention knows how dumb the AI actually is.

And also because those threads get locked pretty quick since it quickly becomes a bunch of people bashing the guy who posted it for being so silly in the first place.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker

I think the AI being so dumb is part of the thing that causes people to think it's cheating. The idea is sort of "how could that massive cascade have happened through sheer dumb luck?" There's an expression (or many expressions) for this: occasionally, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the last sub on the 4th node I won in 1 turn. The opponent didn't even get to match, much less fire a power. Sometimes your board is kind.

I'm just glad the AI isn't smart enough to return the favor.
  • Mechahamster
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    I think the AI being so dumb is part of the thing that causes people to think it's cheating. The idea is sort of "how could that massive cascade have happened through sheer dumb luck?" There's an expression (or many expressions) for this: occasionally, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Yet this game never makes me feel smart whenever something goes my way, I just think, huh, lucky.

It does make me feel dumb sometimes. Like that time when I fired off Loki's trickery befóre the Berserker rage.

Or when I forgot I was saving up blue for a Magnetic Projection and I kept firing Defense Grid.

Or the many, many, many times I ignored a match 5 because I had tunnel vision for a single colour. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or when I forgot I was saving up blue for a Magnetic Projection and I kept firing Defense Grid.

I hate doing this SO much. For me its Coercive Field instead of Righteous Uppercut. I have -almost- burst into tears after I did it for the third time in the same DDQ
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Had this happen to me in reverse order today in PvP.

Sitting at 1184 points, 2 grills lined up with lone champ 5-star and chumps. Break shield, hit by huge AI cascades, retreat, start second fight, huge AI cascades, retreat, lost 50 points, negative hop.

the icing on the cake was the -288 points to others attacking me while I lost both of those fights. Shielded at 888. icon_e_sad.gif
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Ha, a thread that is not locked yet.

I am going to copy what everyone else says when someone posts that the AI cheats to let the AI win. Where's the proof?
    How can you proof that AI cheats to let you win?
    All the back end calculation stuff is not disclosed to us. The only proof that we have is that the developers say so. They have an interest to say that to keep people playing. You will need third party proof, otherwise, you can't say the AI cheats to let you win. Since you accused the AI of cheating, you need to provide proof for it.

There's my satire to people who need proof. You can't prove anything, you just have to trust the developers that they are not lying. That's what you tell people instead of "you have no proof". No one can provide the proof except for the developers. No one other than the developers know what is really going on. If you don't trust them, don't play the game.