Spice up PVP

Heartburn
Heartburn Posts: 527
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I was thinking of some ways to spice up PVP, a thought crossed my mind. A while back i heard there was a glitch with shielding that allowed them to be visible and people would hit it over and over again, i guess with some people losing to give it more points idk, but it kept going higher and higher and the points just kept growing in the shard.

what if they did it on purpose at a specific time like 24 hours after the shard starts for like 3 hours-5? that way placement scores have time to stabilize before closing. it could be a deadpool themed account with a funny name or who ever they want to show case the font could even be a specific color for the name so you don't miss it. they could announce in the beginning if they want to showoff the newly released character. you could get a push notification that says hey it is me Deadpool im in your PVP just giving out points!!! come find me. or which ever character it is.

what do you guys think? i think it would be fun as long as they don't do it it too close to the end maybe not finishing later then 12 hours left???

Comments

• shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Aren't we trying to move away from playing on a clock? This idea just puts us even more on a clock, or worse at a random point where we need t be on potentially.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe we can buy an item that shows all shielded players, instead of it being at specific times.

And if you use that item to find players, then they don't lose points, even if they're unshielded when you defeat them.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It could definitely use alittle salt and pepper
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Needs more random explosions. Explosions are always good.
    It's has those , they are called "AI cascades".
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Aren't we trying to move away from playing on a clock? This idea just puts us even more on a clock, or worse at a random point where we need t be on potentially.
    i am just spit ball ideas cause i hate the mode in its current form and i don't play it. i put it at 24 hour because if you join that start time it will come out the next day at the same time, which you should be able plan for it. if you want to cry about a free point punching bag then go for it.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I would love a new feature where I just see the same five teams over and over regardless of how much I pay the skip tax.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be more interested in them making it so that if you hit someone that's shielded you don't get any points for the win.

I'd pay for double ISO. Maybe bump up the VIP a few dollars and make it a VIP feature.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    I'd be more interested in them making it so that if you hit someone that's shielded you don't get any points for the win.
    what would be the point to that, other than reducing coordination between allies?
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    The only points injected to a shard where you only gain points hitting unshielded targets would be the seed teams, wouldn't they, Mr Madrox?

What kind of cutthroat environment do you want to establish with this thought experiment?
  • JamieMadrox
    chamber44 wrote:
    what would be the point to that, other than reducing coordination between allies?
    It would bring overall scores down and make coordination and out of band communication less or more important depending on how you look at it.
    It would make the game exceedingly more challenging and result in a more true representation of PVP.
    Other things would need to be adjusted too, like progression rewards, but it could be done and would make the game more fun in my opinion.
    The only points injected to a shard where you only gain points hitting unshielded targets would be the seed teams, wouldn't they, Mr Madrox?

What kind of cutthroat environment do you want to establish with this thought experiment?
    Right now, up to 1200 points, you lose less points from a loss than the player that beat you gains from winning. It's how points are made in the slices in the early stages of events. That doesn't need to change.
  • JamieMadrox

OK conceptually but in practice it would piss almost everyone off. Well done!

The majority of players aren't checking other's shields. They would be unamused by the apparent randomness of whether points were gained or not.

Even the people who were in the know would be frustrated. Skip to find fresh queues, hit'em immediately, pray to the gods their shield doesn't hit the server before your hit? Bleh.

If the general sense is that most players already find PvP frustrating, this would ensure that is the case, and basically kill the mode.

Then we could all move on to what comes next.
    It would be fun though.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    fun

x2j3CJAN.jpg