Non competive PvE events?

cubnad
cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
First off let me say that I’m in the 4 star.png transition stage, I have all 3 star.png except Thanos_Icon.png champed and have all 4 star.pngs rostered but only icon_professorx.png maxed covered the rest are 11 and below. I mostly play PvE, I get T20/T50 most events and even get a T10 finish from time to time but it is a grind and I’m lucky that my job/life allows me the time to do this, I also play every PvP event to 575 for the 10:commandpoints: and am happy with that. However the most fun I have playing MPQ is the DDQBE and the reason is that I can experiment with teams and try characters I don't have fully covered or levelled. There's two reasons for this 1. no scaling based on my roster and 2. speed is not essential.

So this bring me too my point, I've read before that people would like the option to reopen the prologue, well what if there were non competitive PvE events instead. Something along the lines of the prologue mixed with the gauntlet or the simulator for PvP seasons , D3 could use the story events they already have. Just open one up and run it of for 2-4 weeks. Have it so each sub-event is a new page that can only be unlocked when all nodes have been cleared once. The essential nodes instead of being character based could be that you have to use at least one 2 star.png, 3 star.png and 4 star.png for the nodes. Each node could still have 6 clears and there could even be progress rewards but no placement. Scaling could be based on SCL and not roster strength so people could have the chance to use their whole roster and play around with different/new party combinations. If they used SCL then there could still be some good rewards for progression maybe keep the two 3 star.png’s and one 4 star.png covers for SCL 7+8 and similar cover rewards for the lower SCL but add more iso8.png / imcoin.png / commandpoints.png beyond the max progression they use in PvE now.

Comments

• Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I like the idea of having more events running, even though I play all events 'non-competitively' now - hit my progression and stop.

But I'd rather see them open SCL 9 and 10 ASAP first!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like a season long Gauntlet. Sort of like PvE's answer to a Shield sim.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    I'd like a season long Gauntlet. Sort of like PvE's answer to a Shield sim.

Ooooooh yeah!

I still don't understand why we don't have a season long Gauntlet event running in parallel to all the other normal PvE events. It is so obvious!

Common Devs give us our new and shiny season long Gauntlet!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just play PVE non-competitively. Use the easier nodes to try out your experimental teams.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love this as well. I made a similar suggestion on the suggestion page. It's very satisfying to work on something big over time and make real progress, instead of the stress of needing to get it all done within just a few days.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    So Gauntlet.

All that typing when all you had to say is run Gauntlet more often.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like an option to play exhibition matches. I don't need progress rewards of any kind. Just an option to mess around when I'm bored and try different teams at different levels and not have to worry about losing or having to heal the team later. I assume the reason they don't do this is because it discourages spending.

The gauntlet would probably be the best for this, since it gradually gets more difficult, so you could play with anyone on your roster. There would be appropriate competition for 1* to 5*.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    A season-long Gauntlet with prizes mirroring the Shield Sim would be a fantastic idea.

But with no scaling. Everyone gets the same level opponents. 1* rosters will win a few matches. 5* rosters will breeze through the whole thing. 3* and 4* rosters will have a real challenge at the end.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I realize this means I play the game too much, but if you're playing even close to optimal PvE then you're likely clearing in the morning, and again at night, or some other semi-rigid sschedule, and then you're specifically not incentivized to play more. If I'm sitting around on a Sunday and the kids are busy buying drugs or whatever they do when I'm on the couch watching football or a war movie, I want to play a little MPQ. I don't need all my attention for the 100th time I've watched the Hunt for Red October, so let me play a little. There have been a lot of weekends where I've already finished my clears, I've done whatever I could in PvP, and now there's no game left for me to play. What am I going to do, talk to my family? D3 has no right to try to make me do that.

Give me a gauntlet or something that I can screw around with in my spare time, on my bus ride home from work when it's way too early to do PvE clears. You want me playing and buying health packs or tokens or whatever, so give me something to do.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I realize this means I play the game too much, but if you're playing even close to optimal PvE then you're likely clearing in the morning, and again at night, or some other semi-rigid sschedule, and then you're specifically not incentivized to play more. If I'm sitting around on a Sunday and the kids are busy buying drugs or whatever they do when I'm on the couch watching football or a war movie, I want to play a little MPQ. I don't need all my attention for the 100th time I've watched the Hunt for Red October, so let me play a little. There have been a lot of weekends where I've already finished my clears, I've done whatever I could in PvP, and now there's no game left for me to play. What am I going to do, talk to my family? D3 has no right to try to make me do that.

Give me a gauntlet or something that I can screw around with in my spare time, on my bus ride home from work when it's way too early to do PvE clears. You want me playing and buying health packs or tokens or whatever, so give me something to do.

Shield simulator is exactly what you want.

You will be matched against teams similar to your roster. Nobody is boosted or featured. You can play around with any three characters. You'll even be able to get a little ISO and XP!

Since your just messing around don't be bothered by hits or how many points a node is worth.

So, would shield simulator fill your requirements?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards

With the current pve system, it is even more restrictive for optimal play with it consisting of an hour or so either side of the sub's reset, which is a fairly horrible design decision on their part for a game that would otherwise be so ideally suited to playing a game here or there when you had a couple of minutes to spare.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    For a very long time many players are asking for a Progression rewards based PVE.....but devs seems to be Deafs icon_e_confused.gif
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Shield simulator is exactly what you want.

You will be matched against teams similar to your roster. Nobody is boosted or featured. You can play around with any three characters. You'll even be able to get a little ISO and XP!

Since your just messing around don't be bothered by hits or how many points a node is worth.

So, would shield simulator fill your requirements?

I enjoy Shield Sim, but like most things in the game you can usually bang it out in a day and never think about it again unless you want to grab some points near the end of the season.

But, conceptually, yes. A shield sim-like perpetual event in PvE that has no placement function or timer, so you can play as you like when you have idle time in the game. Gauntlet, in other words.