XP for using a Shield

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
I feel that people who gain points early in PVP should get greater rewards than people who wait until near the end to do all their hopping. This is because the people who rise early provide all of the points to the PVP event, whereas late hoppers simply take points, rising up off the hard work of the early players.

And I am personally a late riser most of the time... because when I rise late, I generally end up with around 900+ points, only spending 75 HP on shielding. And when I rise early, I usually end up with.... (drumroll please...) the same 900+ points, but instead spend around 300+ HP on shielding. So what's the point, without further rewards?

If people gained XP from shielding, then it would be more worthwhile for them, so at least they would win something special for starting early and doing lots of hops. Another idea could be double ISO or a chance at 3* covers for wins (for a certain SCL and up) of any battles done with more than 12 hours remaining... even better prizes for battles done with 18 hours remaining, 24 hours, 36, 48, 60 etc etc

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Not saying I dislike the idea of getting XP for shielding...
    But you are getting rewards for playing early and growing the slice. Every PVP match you win gives you +2XP and a victory prize. If you start early and do 50 matches in the first 24 hours you get paid. If you do 50 more matches in the second 24 hours you get paid for those too. You are probably also taking matches in the last 12 hours, just like the late climbers - and getting paid for those too? You probably earned more XP and ISO from growing the slice. Late climber probably only took 25 or 30 total matches, you probably did at least that many in the first 12 hours.

I am 100% behind the idea of XP for shielding though. Give XP for buying roster slots too. There are only so many things to spend HP on - let's get XP for all of them.

As far as changing the rewards for battles is concerned - I would rather see those rewards bound to either the Shield Clearance Level you are fighting in, or as a function of the total number of *s or levels on the enemy team. Risk/Reward should line up better than they do.
  • mpqr7
    Risk/Reward should line up better than they do.

Exactly.

When someone with two champed 5*s battles me in PVP, they get:
    * They win 75 points
    * Extremely fast and easy battle
    * I lose 75 points
    * No need to use Health Packs

Whereas when I do my battles in PVP, I get:
    * Battle either two champed 4*s, champed 4* + lv 400+ 5*, or higher level enemies
    * Long Battles, 5 minutes or more
    * Use 1-3 Health Packs after each battle
    * After 800 points, win 75 points but lose 150 point, end up with net negative 75 points!

Somehow it doesn't seem right, my experience vs their experience. They get a fast, easy battle for lots of points, and I get a grueling endless battle for a LOSS of massive points (defensive losses).

Maybe in a few years when I get two championed 5*s, I'll get a chance to see it from their point of view!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Risk/Reward should line up better than they do.

Exactly.

When someone with two champed 5*s battles me in PVP, they get:
    * They win 75 points
    * Extremely fast and easy battle
    * I lose 75 points
    * No need to use Health Packs

Whereas when I do my battles in PVP, I get:
    * Battle either two champed 4*s, champed 4* + lv 400+ 5*, or higher level enemies
    * Long Battles, 5 minutes or more
    * Use 1-3 Health Packs after each battle
    * After 800 points, win 75 points but lose 150 point, end up with net negative 75 points!

Somehow it doesn't seem right, my experience vs their experience. They get a fast, easy battle for lots of points, and I get a grueling endless battle for a LOSS of massive points (defensive losses).

Maybe in a few years when I get two championed 5*s, I'll get a chance to see it from their point of view!
    Oh for God's sake.

People with dual champed 5s don't see you below 1k anyway, and you're certainly not worth 75 to them.
  • mpqr7
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Oh for God's sake.

People with dual champed 5s don't see you below 1k anyway, and you're certainly not worth 75 to them.

At this point, I should just add a "Countdown until Bowgentle writes a belligerent response" to each one of my posts icon_e_smile.gif

Seeing as how this is exactly what happens every time I do PVP, then yes, it does happen. Like clockwork, as soon as I get to 800+, I lose 75 points to a person with dual championed 5*s. My retaliation score for fighting this person? Around 5 points. So clearly they are only at around 300 points, certainly not attacking me from above 1000 points, because I can't even barely make it to 1000 points, and at that point, I'm doing very quick hops and shielding immediately.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Oh for God's sake.

At this point, I should just add a "Countdown until Bowgentle writes a belligerent response" to each one of my posts icon_e_smile.gif

Seeing as how this is exactly what happens every time I do PVP, then yes, it does happen. Like clockwork, as soon as I get to 800+, I lose 75 points to a person with dual championed 5*s. My retaliation score for fighting this person? Around 5 points. So clearly they are only at around 300 points, certainly not attacking me from above 1000 points, because I can't even barely make it to 1000 points, and at that point, I'm doing very quick hops and shielding immediately.

During the recent Deadpool event, my poor champed 3 star.png 's got stomped twice by the same person rocking dual champed 5's, while I was still working on the seed teams. I couldn't have had more than 200 points at the time.

So yeah, it happens.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It happens, yeah, but you're not losing 75 until you're WAY over 1k.
  • mpqr7
    Maybe I'm losing "only" 70. Basically it's a lot, and I don't have time to check the exact amount because I'm rushing to either shield or else try and win another battle to make up for the absurd defensive losses inflicted by a team that's way more powerful than mine.

It's not an insignificant amount, and it's enough to be very frustrating.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    For what its worth...
    For a player who is getting attacked to lose -70 points, You must be 440-470 points ahead of the person attacking you, and you would have to be over 1000 points when the attack occurred. Otherwise you would have needed to be even higher than them, because of the proration that happens under 1000. You would need to be at 930 points and they would have to be hitting you from < 100, otherwise you would lose < 70.

And to echo bow's point, I am never offered an opponent that doesn't have at least 1x 5* higher than 420, paired with a champed 4* (usually boosted) until I am over 1000 for my score.

But this is also not a thread about scoring. Its about getting XP for spending HP.