Kmjakob
Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
this game is hard to learn. i still think its not easy game

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's definitely a learning curve -- especially if you don't have a strong paper MTG background-- but keep at it and ask questions and you'll get better!
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Each set brings new mechanics and now it's literally system overload (that's my snipe at energize).
  • killwind
    killwind Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What you need is a group of people to talk to about the game and walk you through some of the issues your having. Find a coalition!

That being said find a starter coalition that has people at your skill level or find a coalition that has a builder/feeder coalition and learn from the seasoned players!

I know that my my group of Coalitions has this and I am also certain that Bken123 has a learner coalition.

Find a group that works for you and enjoy!
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I second Killwind. Bken1234 is bar none the best person to set you up for success via her development coalitions.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm flattered and happy to help -- send me a PM if you're interested.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Events are fun and all, but concentrate on finishing story mode first. They help you figure out the mechanics of the game.

When you're ready for competitive play, join the kiddy pool that is quick battle. Get some experience playing with competitive decks.

Don't expect to win events until you can win quick battles consistently. Don't set your expectations too high for events, and you will have more fun.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Don't set your expectations too high for events, and you will have more fun.
    QFT.

This weekend's event for me was a brutal reminder that this is necessary even at a competitive level.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    test, test,test ideas and try them on story mode. see what works and what sounds good but crumbles under pressure. as a rule i use the first 5 intro heroic battles( one agaisnt each starter planeswalker) as my sandbox it is roughly equivalent i think to low end quick battles. hope this helps some and there is always here some of the forums here can help but you will need to get cards to experiment with.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hang in there, it does get easier. I have played paper MTG for many years and it was still difficult for me to get a firm grasp on PQ. Just starting out can be frustrating especially with the starter decks you get with the basic pw. Experiment and test. It's really trial and error till you find a basic strategy that works for you. Then it's just a matter of building on that. One thing that I'm sure will help is to just play everyday. Even if it's just one or two matches. Log in, collect rewards, and play a round out two. Don't worry too much about losing, after all you still get rewarded for just trying.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    One big piece of advice, don't rush to level up your planeswalkers. Take it nice and slow. Also, the starter Gideon is still a beast in my eyes. He may not compete with all the new planeswalkers at level 60 but at lower levels he is a machine.
  • SeditiousCanary
    SeditiousCanary Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Don't expect to win events until you can win quick battles consistently. Don't set your expectations too high for events, and you will have more fun.

I just advanced to Gold Tier, and there has been a noticeable increase in difficulty. I have to second this, and say events which have some build around feature (anything requiring Energize, or Werewolves) are a lot harder when you have to build to meet the side goals, but are still paired against Tier 1 decks with mostly exclusive mythics, and rares. I used to really enjoy events, and now they are more frustrating than fun.