What is the official storyline?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
If this thread already exists, please point me to it.

Does anyone know the official PVE Storyline? I'm curious how each event is linked to each other. I know a few, but the rest are unclear. This is my stab at ordering all of them, I'm curious about others' opinions. Please present evidence of your choices!

A lot probably are not directly tied to each other, but a few of them must be. Also, let me know if I missed anything. I didn't include boss, Sim or Gauntlet events, because those ones don't have any specific storylines.

*Spoiler Alert for those who haven't finished all of these PVEs*

Unstable ISO - Captain America fights for justice!
The Hunt - Fury is under attack!
The Hulk - The Hulk joins the team!
Deadpool vs Marvel Puzzle Quest - DP cracks jokes!
Thick As Thieves - Magneto is the ultimate villain!
ISO Brotherhood - Magneto has had a change of heart and is now good!
Prodigal Sun - Magneto, Storm and Psylocke try to stop the Dark Avengers!
Meet Rocket & Groot - R&G visit Earth!
Growth Industry - Ant Man gets a job!
Enemy of the State - Wolverine goes through changes!
Heart of Darkness - Wolverine meets up with friends to try to save a town!
Amadeus' Inferno - Amadeus succeeds where others fail!
Venom Bomb - Symbiotes take over the city!
Webbed Wonder - Howard is not amused!
Strange Sights - Dr. Strange saves the day!

*Edit 1: Moved DP vs MPQ earlier, in response to GrimSkald's post.*

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    If we're going in actual release order, DP vs MPQ was actually a lot earlier - before "Meet Rocket and Groot" as I recall - but plotline-wise it just plain doesn't matter since DP just does his thing. Otherwise you pretty much have it, in release order too.

It would be nice if they closed off the "Dark Reign" storyline with some kind of ending. We haven't really had a storyline that was directly relevant since "Prodigal Sun," though "Venom Bomb" was somewhat, I'd still call it a bit of an offshoot. The tone of the earlier PVEs were definitely more story-like than the later ones, I miss that.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I Believe it was after Prodigal Sun was released that they announced they would be moving away from the Dark Reign storyline. So it's
    Unstable ISO
    The Hunt
    The Hulk
    Thick As Thieves
    ISO-8 Brotherhood
    Prodigal Sun

...but after that, the other events are more or less in limbo. Meet Rocket and Groot are obviously later due to Dr Doom's experiments, and Hearts of Darkness is a sort-of sequel to Enemy of the State, but other than that there are no real links between story events.
    Shame really. I like the Little hints dropped in the dialogue and would have loved to see the storyline developed further.