IOS price increase??

karlosdj
karlosdj Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Was this a stealth increase?

Saw a warning on amazon increase but not one coming for IOS!?

Roughly all the Hero points and ISO seems to have gone up by a avg of £5

Someone put me out of my misery and tell me if this was planned and i missed it or is this a surprise to you too?

Comments

• Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    It was planned, I think there was a topic about this a while ago. All prices are adjusted to be the same value in all areas with the US as standard I think. Obviously that means countries who just had their currency destroyed get to pay more.
  • karlosdj
    Fair dues cheers

although mate of mine on Android hasn't seen any increase but im guessing that will come in time soon too?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has nothing to do with the increase in prices on Amazon.

Apple is raising prices for Apps in the UK, and it seems to include in-App purchases, too.

https://www.ft.com/content/03370cb0-dca ... 53db7791c6

Hooray for Brexit.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Sounds like the British are getting double the screw then. Ouch.

Imagine being a British Steam player icon_e_surprised.gif
  • karlosdj
    Bowgentle wrote:
    This has nothing to do with the increase in prices on Amazon.

Apple is raising prices for Apps in the UK, and it seems to include in-App purchases, too.

https://www.ft.com/content/03370cb0-dca ... 53db7791c6

Hooray for Brexit.

Son of a..... cheers for clearing that up though icon_e_smile.gif
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Just means I won't be purchasing any more. I was buying a Stark Salary around once a month, but it's gone up £15, so no more.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same VIP will go up too, I won't be buying anything any more. That's a nuts price increase.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    rg72 wrote:
    Just means I won't be purchasing any more. I was buying a Stark Salary around once a month, but it's gone up £15, so no more.
    Tony Foot wrote:
    Same VIP will go up too, I won't be buying anything any more. That's a nuts price increase.

You realise this is dependent on currency and a weak pound, and has nothing to do with Devs don't you? (It is also related with Apple and how they always want to win the same money no matter what)

I you want to be mad with someone, be mad with all the people that voted for Brexit. Now that all prices will go up, they might start to care more about what all experts were saying before the poll ...
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    rg72 wrote:
    Tony Foot wrote:

You realise this is dependent on currency and a weak pound, and has nothing to do with Devs don't you? (It is also related with Apple and how they always want to win the same money no matter what)

I you want to be mad with someone, be mad with all the people that voted for Brexit. Now that all prices will go up, they might start to care more about what all experts were saying before the poll ...

I never even mentioned the Devs. At a 20% increase in money it no longer represents any value for money for me any more (VIP) and I won't be buying. I don't care about Brexit either, short term pain long term gain. It's all irrelevant, the fact is £9.99 for VIP will no longer be anything like decent value for what you get. £7.99 was pushing it.

Blame apple? So you are saying if I change my phone to Android a Stark still costs the same? SO when the pound was strong did the price come down? When the pound recovers and it will, will the price come back down?

20% increase on digital goods is a joke.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony Foot wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    rg72 wrote:
    Tony Foot wrote:

I never even mentioned the Devs. At a 20% increase in money it no longer represents any value for money for me any more (VIP) and I won't be buying. I don't care about Brexit either, short term pain long term gain. It's all irrelevant, the fact is £9.99 for VIP will no longer be anything like decent value for what you get. £7.99 was pushing it.

Blame apple? So you are saying if I change my phone to Android a Stark still costs the same? SO when the pound was strong did the price come down? When the pound recovers and it will, will the price come back down?

20% increase on digital goods is a joke.

It is not just in digital goods, Apple raised their prices in everything! iPhones went 100£ up, Macbooks 250£+ up, etc. The pound was 1.45+ dollars before Brexit, now it is slightly above 1.20, so do the Math... And yeah IF the pound recovers, the prices SHOULD go down. It has never happened before in the Uk, because this is the time the pound has had the lowest value with difference since digital stores were created but prices should go down if it recovers (the price is set by Devs in dollars, it is Apple who decides how it is the exchange).

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=10Y

And yes, a Stark still has the same price in Google Play, but most certainly Google will follow and raise prices in the near future too.

PS: I see you are an optimist and you think the pound will recover soon. Brexit has not even started, imagine what will happen in two years when the Uk really gets out of the EU ... (yeah I am quite more pessimist than you are, I see it more like a 10-15 year pain to get were the Country was before, with no real improvement AT ALL).
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I voted Remain - can they just charge the Brexit voters more?