Animation marathons

Insert25c
Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Getting REALLY tired of missing time gates because of overly long animations eating up the clock.

Comments

• Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Insert25c wrote:
    Getting REALLY tired of missing time gates because of overly long animations eating up the clock.

Totally with you on that one. Would love an option to turn them off to speed up the game.
    Especially creating countdown/special tile animations...
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    People always ask for this, and it'll never happen. High-level gameplay is based around how fast a match can be completed; it's the core of "shield-hopping" in PVP, and just good practice for all other modes considering that events are all on timers. If there was an option to disable animations, everybody would be forced to use it just to remain competitive.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree the Animations are cumbersome but being able to turn them off is unfair to players who actually like them as speed is important to placing high in events.

I think the devs should review all the animations and speed them up. They have done a great job with the newer characters as well as the rebalanced character. For instance, Kamala Khan's passive should be adjusted to the newer characters and only occur once per turn (e.g. Strange's yellow) and Daken takes forever to make a strike tile compared to Moonknight who also makes strike tiles when you match green in a much quicker fashion.
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    All I know is I don't need 10 seconds of Doctor Doom doing his best Randy Ortin impression followed by his move (and potential cascade), followed by attack tile damage numbers slowly wafting toward my character like it's a damn butterfly migration.

(An example)
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    This is why I don't use Star Lord in PvE, his animations actually slow down the fight.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is why I don't use Star Lord in PvE, his animations actually slow down the fight.

Well that's what makes him great on defense! I kept skipping him last night in PVP because of that plus an 8/10AP JG is not fun. The devs did remove and speed up his yellow animation quite a bit since his rebalance even if it still seems like a lot. You'll notice it more against Goons.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's those dang Dark Avengers! Last night I was fool enough to take Daken into a fight against Daken. Whenever green was matched I was able to set down my phone, go to the bathroom, let the dog out, and fetch a soda before all the strike tile placements were resolved.

Then there's Moonstone and her topsy-turvey animation that takes forever when swapping tiles.