Powers that activate on match 4 / match 5

irwando
irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
Can you please stop these from firing when I don't actually make the match? I've had 3 PvP loses tonight because of random match 5s from tiles dropping in after I make a match. Yeah, that's fun. About to win and next thing I know my team is wiped and I'm spending 3x health packs due to 3 match 5s in a row vs Jean Grey.

So much fun to lose a match due to complete randomness. Great design there.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Cuts both ways. There are lots of matches where I am running Loki and I will intentionally exploit the AI's willingness to match-4 regardless of whether it is a color it can use. Or if I am running teen Jean and leave a match-5 option for the AI to make knowing I'll be okay with the outcome. Anticipating your opponent includes trying to set traps for the AI to cascade into things they might not like; whether its a trap tile or a passive ability (the new 4* captain marvel for example - you can build a team that shares the strongest color and then you never have to match that color - leave it for the AI. you will get the AP faster and get a nice AOE out of it to boot).

the AI in PVP is already heavily handicapped; do we really need to go even further?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm also good with it as is is now. Jean is the anti Professor X. Yeah, a cascade can go wrong. That's the point. Bring a stun, or better yet, join the club. It is super satisfying to let the opponent's SWitch's countdown finish, knowing it will knock them out.

And ultimately, it will be much less of an issue next week anyway. Jean's been boosted, so she's been heavily used and more dangerous than usual. Next week, you'll see much less of her, and even when you do, she'll be doing less damage.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    There's a difference between leaving a match 5 for the other team and my carefully choosing matches to not trigger then through completely random luck killing myself due to cascade. The first one is strategy. The second is just no fun. I make a move, cascade, cascade, dead. Yay.