Facebook being flakey

firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
I've been getting the following screen lately.

Screenshot_20170122_115441.png

This is odd, since I've got three Facebook friends in my alliance, and they've all played recently. It hasn't been happening 100% of the time, but definitely a few times a week.

Comments

• Xudon
    Xudon Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I am also having Facebook and MPQ not playing well together, it is like I am not logged in on Facebook, but when I try to log in told not available try later.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    I've been getting the following screen lately.
    Screenshot_20170122_115441.png

This is odd, since I've got three Facebook friends in my alliance, and they've all played recently. It hasn't been happening 100% of the time, but definitely a few times a week.
    I'm also seeing this intermittently. Facebook sharing works most of the time, but I see this instead once in a while.
  • Lycurgus
    Lycurgus Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    For what it's worth, I stopped being able to back up my saved game at all on Saturday, January 21. I submitted a support ticket about this on Friday. The response suggested that I install the Facebook app and try again.

Well, I didn't have it installed, and installing the app did resolve the issue. I'm not exactly thrilled about this--I don't *like* the Facebook app--but it did, in fact, work as advertised.

So if you don't have the Facebook app, it appears that having it may well be required for MPQ to connect properly. Was for me anyway.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had the facebook app installed for a long, long time. I did at the time of the screenshot, and still do. I've gotten the screen a few more times this week.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    I've been seeing this too, off and on. But it seems to "fix" itself, temporarily, and then be broken again. Just another case of the abysmally poor quality control with this game.
  • ChattyWhacker
    ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    I too am having the same thing come up when attempting to send facebook friends extra rewards. I was sort of hoping that it was actually tracking facebook friends who aren't playing consistently anymore, but I realize that is too much to hope for.