Lock the alliance

Oldboy
Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
My alliance regularly hit top50 for 'old' character placement rewards and in pve events with new releases we regularly hit top 100 after the last slice in every sub. But in pves with new releases, when the final account is tallied at the end of the last time slice of the main sub of the event, we're just short of top 100. I know this may sound like whining but it's not fair that alliances who work their butt off for the event gets pushed out because players start merc-ing themselves or moving their members into their sister alliances.

Players should be locked into their alliance at the start of every event just like in Alliance events eg Civil War, Ultron and Galactus.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    You should make sure that you are in an alliance with a strict no-merc policy. Or else an alliance that makes sure no matter what, people who score high enough will be in an alliance and win the cover.

Or you should score high enough on your own and merc to an alliance that will make you top 100 icon_cool.gif
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Not to be glib, but it doesn't matter if a player locks to the alliance at the start or the end of an event. Merc alliances form at the start of Boss events and everyone goes back home after they lock themselves to that alliance scoreboard, so the same thing happens there.

The only way you are going to see a meaningful change here is if you were to do something really massive... like only allow points scored while the player is "actually in the alliance" to count. But imagine all the various ways that could suck for you:
    One of your guys starts a 7 day event then gets in a car accident, now he's in a coma. Sure that sucks for him, but what about your alliance? If he ever wakes up from that coma it will be to your alliance all hating him for making them lose the cover.
    An 'alliance' starts pulling multiple shifts - where 10 players in s1 join and do their PVE sub flips then they drop to be replaced by 10 people playing sub 2. Rinse and repeat a few times and now you have a totally new perversion for how to rank high. Even if you think that could "never happen" I could also recruit you and replace you without you even knowing this was part of my fiendish plan all along.
    Those are merely the first 2 examples I came up with - there are more.

The other awkward truth is if your any idea that fiddles with how alliances and events interact indirectly jeopardizing the buy club culture that has evolved - and I don't think there is a lot of traction to be found there.