Possible Problem with MMR (Match Making Rating)

whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
So today I did a match in the sharp dressed PVP, and I was hit by a very powerful team that I thought should not be able to see me, after I unshielded and was aiming for targets.
My Roster's most powerful character is a level 360 OML. My second most powerful is a level 308 Hulkbuster, my third most powerful is a level 303 Xforce. No other character is over level 300 on my roster. I was hit by a team with a powered up a level 412 Wolverine a level 475 Jean Grey and a Level 497 Black bolt. Note, I was below 1200 points when I was hit, and the person hit me from 966.
So was there a change in the Match Making Rating algorithm? This has not happened before.

Comments

• Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Maybe he just dug a lot through enemies until he found you? icon_neutral.gif
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Like, in the current Deadpool pvp I've just been defeated by someone with a level 145 3*Deadpool + level 523 5*Thanos + level 431 5*Wolverine... and I have just three 5*s with ONE cover each...

(By the way, I lost 36 points because of this)
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its a weird side affect of how the match making works. I'd have to know the exact time of the matches and what the avg scores looked like, but you can guess that the following situation occurred.

1. He's probably got one of the higher scores in the entire bracket and he's probably well over 2 std deviation over the avg score.
    2. Because no other equivalent rosters with a similar score are actively climbing or unshielded, the game expands the possible opponent que. Past certain thresholds, the game will add 4*, 3*, 2*, 1* class rosters to the opponent mix.

In your situation, it looks like their weren't enough 5* /boosted 4* targets so it widened the mix to low to mid level 4* rosters. Once more people play and rise, this artifact will dissappear.