Max level button - yeah or nay

Options
Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Ignore the egregious advertisement when you don't have the Iso. Presuming I have enough Iso to max out a character, is it better to use the insta-button, or hold my finger on the manual level?

I've read here before that there's some amount of savings to be had doing it manually. Probably due to rounding errors or something. Does anyone have recent data?

I'm sitting on enough Iso to champ PunMax, and in the current event his color suite fits really well. Ironically, Chulk has the exact same colors and is also champable, I'm just not nearly as excited about him.

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think this is only on Devil Dino, because she starts each level partially filled for uh, reasons.

On everyone else it shouldn't matter.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    According to the devs back in 2015, they stated players feel it's "fun" to press the level button down.. so yeah just hold the button down to bring joy to your MPQ life! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As noted above, the only time you don't want to use the max level button is with Devil Dinosaur. DD "starts" each level with something like 20% of the needed ISO for the next level already credited. Also, I believe DD requires more ISO (on paper) to level than a regular 4*. I think the extra ISO is meant to level out DD's actual required ISO back to a normal 4* level. (Please note that I am completely talking out of my posterior here....) But the max level button does not take into account the extra ISO bonus per level. So you pay more by using the button than you do by individual leveling.

Or something like that. tl;dr don't use the button with Dino.

I don't think it matters with any other character.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    As noted above, the only time you don't want to use the max level button is with Devil Dinosaur. DD "starts" each level with something like 20% of the needed ISO for the next level already credited. Also, I believe DD requires more ISO (on paper) to level than a regular 4*. I think the extra ISO is meant to level out DD's actual required ISO back to a normal 4* level. (Please note that I am completely talking out of my posterior here....) But the max level button does not take into account the extra ISO bonus per level. So you pay more by using the button than you do by individual leveling.

Or something like that. tl;dr don't use the button with Dino.

I don't think it matters with any other character.

I maxed my dino during anniversary, using the don't max button. My recollection is she cost the same as any 4* and didn't have any "prefill" at each level.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Something is still wonky with dino. I have dino and another 4 at the same level.
    Cost to max dino, 313k
    To max other 4star, 300k
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    According to the devs back in 2015, they stated players feel it's "fun" to press the level button down.. so yeah just hold the button down to bring joy to your MPQ life! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    To be fair, it was okay back when the max level for characters was like 70 or something. Now trying to hold down the bottom to level 100+ levels is a massive pain in the butt.

Also regarding Devil Dinosaur, I have been told that the level cost bug on the max level button is actually just a display bug and when you use it, the game actually deduct the correct amount of ISO to level him. I didn't risk it though and just levelled him individually so I don't know if that's true.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I maxed Dino level-by-level, but I intentionally leave all characters at a lower level and pretty much only use the "Max Level" button. Big yeah/yay from me, much preferred over level-by-level.