Warnings for Innocent Questions

Options
bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
A player was recently given a "verbal" warning because he posted a thread asking if anyone purchased Nissa Vital Force when she was accidentally put up for sale yesterday.

There are many problems with this:

1. A verbal warning should actually be given verbally.

2. Are we not allowed to ask questions about mistakes we see in the game? "TODO" inquiries weren't taken down? I've combed the TOS and there is nothing in there preventing a player from asking questions about these things.

3. Wouldn't asking OP to rephrase been more appropriate? Isn't it good for Hibernum / D3 to have people getting excited about a new PW -- especially considering the pile of rubbish that has been dropped on us since December?

Nothing in this thread was in any way a violation of the TOS -- if Hibernum / D3 doesn't want to spill proprietary information -- perhaps they should apply some quality control and attention to detail in what they put up. I think we can all agree that this has been well below expectations recently.

In the meantime @Brigby -- it would be in good taste to retract your written "verbal" warning -- which was given to one of the longest-running and most engaged members of this community. Simply stating that you deleted the post so that proprietary information would not be leaked would have been in much better taste and more than sufficed.

Thanks.

Comments

• Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:
    some quality control

This made me chuckle. I don't think this department exists at D3.
  • bk1234
    Options
    Nitymp wrote:
    bken1234 wrote:
    some quality control

This made me chuckle. I don't think this department exists at D3.

Thus the value-added suggestion.
  • orgazmo
    orgazmo Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I posted everything I remembered on the same thread including new card pack types (including cards that were in them), exclusive mythics and various other PW costs. I was also "talked to" via PM.

D3 can take away my freedom, but not my memory. icon_lol.gif

The poor level of QC displayed by D3/Hibernium is just astounding. Then to try and make me sound like a **** because I posted up information THEY released because they don't know how to properly launch new app versions??!?! Whatever...

With the state of current mobile development, test automation, limited risk A/B release testing, continuous deployment, etc... there is no excuse for the plethora of bugs and outright ridiculous customer experience issues. This doesn't appear to be a dev issue, its a management issue at Hibernium that allows things like this to occur over and over.

Its to the point where I want to just reverse charges on any purchases, uninstall the app, and be done with it.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Of course, when I start a thread like this one, I just get banned....
  • bk1234
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Of course, when I start a thread like this one, I just get banned....

When you post a thread like this there is usually a bit of name-calling. I am simply pointing out the injustice of one of our most reputable members getting an informal warning (and also the phrasing of said warning) for posting a discussion thread on a quality control error.

I save my name-calling for private discussions on the matter.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First, I appreciate bken's intentions. I was understandably confused at what I saw as an overly strict response to what I deemed a rather innocent thread--indeed, something that would further our community's anticipation and excitement about an upcoming planeswalker that we've all known was coming for awhile. After all, it's good marketing to provide information!

However, please note that Brigby and I had a productive conversation in private messages, and I appreciate his courtesy in discussing it with me so that I better understood his reasons for removing the thread, which were less about information suppression and more about ensuring that unfinished/unready information wasn't being spread without developer approval.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    First, I appreciate bken's intentions. I was understandably confused at what I saw as an overly strict response to what I deemed a rather innocent thread--indeed, something that would further our community's anticipation and excitement about an upcoming planeswalker that we've all known was coming for awhile. After all, it's good marketing to provide information!

However, please note that Brigby and I had a productive conversation in private messages, and I appreciate his courtesy in discussing it with me so that I better understood his reasons for removing the thread, which were less about information suppression and more about ensuring that unfinished/unready information wasn't being spread without developer approval.
    I was just about to add my response, when I saw your reply. Thank you for adding your comment, madwren.

First and foremost, I'm sorry if my removal of the thread seemed like an aggressive action based around suppressing information. That was certainly not my intention. In fact, I've been constantly doing my best to advocate acquiring more information to provide the community ahead of time. Having said that though, could I have been more tactful? Absolutely. For that, I apologize.

Secondly, like madwren said, my reasons for removing that thread was to stop and prevent the spreading of information that may not be finalized yet. Yes, we want players to be excited in anticipation of new in-game features, but I'm sure the last thing anyone wants is to expect certain content or pricing to be coming, and have those details changed last minute. This is why I'm always careful to wait for developer approval before sharing any news with you all.

I hope that brings more clarity to the situation, and thank you for listening.
  • bk1234
    Options
    Thank you for responding Brigby.

Forgive us, we are still adjust to life after your predecessor.