Requiring a PW for an event is an admission that PW is weak

ErikInVegas
ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ Events
Useful PWs sell themselves.

Mediocre PWs need to be forced on the player base.

By requiring Dovin and now Chandra 2, the developers are admitting they know people wouldn't buy them otherwise.

Comments

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    can someone confirm that chandra2 is the only
    planeswalker possible to use in the red node of
    the current inventors fair, if you have her?
    I'll probably sit this one out if this is the case.
    I was ok with dovin baan as I wanted to try a
    white/blue planeswalker. dovin baan is quite
    playable.

HH
  • AettThorn
    AettThorn Posts: 125
    Yes, you can only use Chandra2 in the red node. I have her, and it's still bull.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    thanks.

HH
  • erakbgg
    erakbgg Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Energy-based decks are only really fun if your opponent is also playing energy, otherwise it's too hard to keep it on the board to be effective.

I'm opting out of Chandra 2 this event. I got suckered into the last Inventor's Fair event and wasted 160,000 runes for a deck I haven't touched since (all my white and blue options are just so much better).

Judging by my rank with just 2 nodes, I'm not the only one.

(For the record, I quit Marvel Puzzle Quest when I got fed up with forced character events. In fairness, it's not as bad this time around since there are only a fraction of PWs in MtGPQ than characters in Marvel PQ.)
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would disagree that Chandra 2 is a weak planeswalker. She's no tier 1 Kiora or Koth, but she's definitely strong. Her abilities need some fine tuning as has been mentioned in several other topics, but it seems as is her real weakness is that she seems to require a VERY specific deck in order to be competitive, and I just don't think most people will have that full collection of rare and mythic cards to make her work. I'm still hoping that I can get her a Dynavolt Tower once it leaves exclusivity since I didn't place high enough to get it last time around.