Nissa 2

Options
buscemi
buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hey, has anyone noticed that on the loading screens for the green node in Inventor's Fair, the node is named 'Vital Force'?

Could this be a reference to Nissa, Vital Force?

Image.ashx?multiverseid=417736&type=card

Does this mean she's coming to Magic Puzzle Quest soon? What do you guys think?

Comments

• ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's a safe bet. I'm not sure why they haven't previewed her like they did with Dovin Baan or Chandra 2.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They are probably trying to figure out how to make her not solely dependant on energy since it didn't go over very well with Dovin and Chandra2.
  • SpaceDuck
    SpaceDuck Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    They are probably trying to figure out how to make her not solely dependant on energy since it didn't go over very well with Dovin and Chandra2.

I'm hoping this is the case too. Although I'm actually fine with Dovin's design including his reliance on KLD cards and energy, I think of him in the same way as Arlinn's design being tied to SOI/EM. He's slow, but a top tier control PW with the only drawback being that KLD mechanics seem to kill phone performance and battery life.

Chandra 2.0 doesn't feel right in terms or lore/theme and her abilities are all objectively worse than they should be even with the +9 mana bonus factored in. I hope that Nissa 2.0 doesn't share her fate and is more independent.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hope she will he available soon and would be super excited to spend money on her if I could maybe see how she would translate to MTGPQ?

Perhaps we could see some information about her in a facebook post?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nitymp wrote:
    I hope she will he available soon and would be super excited to spend money on her if I could maybe see how she would translate to MTGPQ?

Perhaps we could see some information about her in a facebook post?

Or an update preview thread, though we still haven't seen the card rebalances from this update so I assume we are flying blind.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    majincob wrote:

She probably will.

I'm basing this off the "Vital Force" objective in the Inventors' Fair and comparing that to the objectives from previous events. The blue node designed around Jace 2 in the Innistrad events wanted you to create a large number of supports, the red/green node wanted you to summon a certain number of wolves/werewolves which aligned with Arlinn's build. The Vital Force node has the objectives to end with over 75 life and energize 5 or more gems. So it wouldn't surprise me if her toolkit has some amount of life gain and energize mechanics.
  • Astralwind
    Astralwind Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    wereotter wrote:
    majincob wrote:

She probably will.

I'm basing this off the "Vital Force" objective in the Inventors' Fair and comparing that to the objectives from previous events. The blue node designed around Jace 2 in the Innistrad events wanted you to create a large number of supports, the red/green node wanted you to summon a certain number of wolves/werewolves which aligned with Arlinn's build. The Vital Force node has the objectives to end with over 75 life and energize 5 or more gems. So it wouldn't surprise me if her toolkit has some amount of life gain and energize mechanics.

That's so true. I was kinda looking forward to Nissa2 but not anymore if it's going to be another PW that is tied to KLD.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    majincob wrote:

But we don't really know that, do we? I'm fighting a surprisingly high amount of Chandra2 decks in this Inventor's Fair although the forums seemed to suggest that no one wants to get her. And while I really enjoy playing with Dovin, I will not spend any crystals on her.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    majincob wrote:

But we don't really know that, do we? I'm fighting a surprisingly high amount of Chandra2 decks in this Inventor's Fair although the forums seemed to suggest that no one wants to get her. And while I really enjoy playing with Dovin, I will not spend any crystals on her.

Chandra 2 is a solid planeswalker despite her flaws. Energy isn't her problem, it's the balance if requirements of how much energy she needs verses how much she produces that's the problem. Even despite that, she's got really solid mana gains which allows her to be fast and aggressive, and for those of us who didn't win Saheeli, I'd argue that she's the best red planeswalker to do it.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    majincob wrote:

You're fighting a lot of C2 because everyone who wanted to score highly had to get her. Very few people actually want her, but alot of people were forced to get her to get points for their coalition or have a shot at aetherworks marvel, and I know no-one who is happy about being forced to buy C2. What you spend your crystals on should be your choice, you shouldn't be forced into buying a specific planeswalker for an event. A good middle ground would be to make it like the Saheeli event, let us use C2 in the event for free, but be able to make our own deck for her, overcoming the problem with the Saheeli event where the saheeli deck wasn't good enough for platinum standards
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    majincob wrote:

You're fighting a lot of C2 because everyone who wanted to score highly had to get her. Very few people actually want her, but alot of people were forced to get her to get points for their coalition or have a shot at aetherworks marvel, and I know no-one who is happy about being forced to buy C2. What you spend your crystals on should be your choice, you shouldn't be forced into buying a specific planeswalker for an event. A good middle ground would be to make it like the Saheeli event, let us use C2 in the event for free, but be able to make our own deck for her, overcoming the problem with the Saheeli event where the saheeli deck wasn't good enough for platinum standards

It would have been good to NOT get her to show D3 our unwillingness to comply with their idea of forcing a PW upon us. The irony of course is that if she was good, everyone would want her anyway.

I really hope they don't make the same mistake with Nissa.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only real problem with chandra 2 is that koth exists.

She wouldn't be so universally despised if koth wasn't already sitting on the throne of fast + aggressive red walker.
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:

She wouldn't be so universally despised if koth wasn't already sitting on the throne of fast + aggressive red walker.

So true. Still, Chandra2 could get a small buff to her skills, IMO.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:

Great. Make them change Koth so he also sucks. That wont make Chandra's abilities any better.

I also remember the time when Koth was at the bottom. Thank god they changed his abilities.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    majincob wrote:

But do they even know that it didnt go over very well?

With Sorin there was a response from JC that he was looking to change his abilities and he was changed. No response now.

Also @Hibernum_JC i miss the days when you used to preview stuff, you know? That did not last very long.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dovin i think can make the cut c2 unless her abilities get changed drastically or cards do i cant see her being used much but when she has to be. is it just me or did they miss the mark on this one and not make a gold or mythic that could give a creature energize?
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:

You're just not playing with the correct mix of powerful Energize cards in your deck.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:

You're just not playing with the correct mix of powerful Energize cards in your deck.

Powerful energize? Where? Other than Dynavolt and Aetherworks marvel icon_lol.gif
  • The_Cheater
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Yunnnn wrote:
    2. You picked the wrong vampires.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Yunnnn wrote:
    2. You picked the wrong vampires.

Lol