5* covers in daily resupply

Basepuzzler
Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
edited February 2017 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Brigby, D3...

Demiurge was clearly trying to give people what they wanted by changing the OML black resupply to yellow. But the solution to this issue is simple. Add daily resupply covers to the customer service policy to swap cover colors for people.

I asked a demiurge representative and they said that only D3 has the power to enable CS to make our experience better and way less frustrating.

It is a small amount of requests that will come in compared to the myriad that get handled for Latest tokens.

Please let it be so!

Signed, a less than proud owner of a 2/5/5 silver surfer about to get a wasted black resupply in 5 days.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    That would be great. I had 5 black OMLs when I won a black OML from my daily resupply, and CS would not let me exchange it for a much-needed yellow. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

I asked a demiurge representative and they said that only D3 has the power to enable CS to make our experience better and way less frustrating.

This is a very interesting statement. I would love if CS was less frustrating. D3 use your power to make us happy
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby, D3...

Demiurge was clearly trying to give people what they wanted by changing the OML black resupply to yellow. But the solution to this issue is simple. Add daily resupply covers to the customer service policy to swap cover colors for people.

It is a small amount of requests that will come in compared to the myriad that get handled for Latest tokens.

Please let it be so!

Signed, a less than proud owner of a 2/5/5 silver surfer about to get a wasted black resupply in 5 days.

I agree with what you are saying, but you've had an awful lot time to save up the CP for the one red. Is it a lot? Yes, it is, but waiting on RNG or banking on the graciousness of someone to fix it for you isn't a great strategy.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is just another example of colorless covers being long overdue. I know it has been said many, many times before. But, until they make any sort of meaningful move in this direction, there's nothing we can do but keep repeating it over and over.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    How about just changing those covers to 720 CP rewards.
  • madok wrote:
    How about just changing those covers to 720 CP rewards.

36 tokens??? yes please icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    My next 5* cover is Spidey blue in about a month and a half. Already have 5 blue, so thanks for the 2k ISO, I guess.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I've already had to sell a daily reward cover three times, and customer service refused to change it. I'd love to see this policy changed/updated (and made retroactive.... icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Orion wrote:
    My next 5* cover is Spidey blue in about a month and a half. Already have 5 blue, so thanks for the 2k ISO, I guess.

[writes on clipboard]

"The customers have a favorable opinion of the current sell value of 5* covers."
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Orion wrote:

[writes on clipboard]

"The customers have a favorable opinion of the current sell value of 5* covers."
    Clearly the only valid takeaway from this thread. icon_e_wink.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 413 days until this is even remotely a concern for me. That's longer than I've played to date.

Now I'm depressed...
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Would simply raising the sell back value on 5*'s to a LT be reasonable? If you don't need the cover, you're still getting something relatively valuable. I understand some people will then get an unusable 4* cover and end up with 1000 iso instead, but it's a chance to salvage a disappointment without them giving up too much.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    If CS is given the power to change the color of a cover, they'll get thousands more requests each day... E.g. I would've sent 3 this week. (even just to cover daily rewards, that's potentially an extra request per month, or more, from many players)

I think an in-game solution is much more feasible, changing the sell price of a 5 to an LT is a really good idea, wild covers would be nice, or the "spend a 6th cover as a respec point" suggestion from this recent post. I really like the respec idea as a compromise between wild covers and getting stuck with the same cover over and over, and it'd be nice to have a solution that helps 4-star players too.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    The respec option is better than the sell for an LT option, which is a pretty bad return.

I am solely referring to 5* resupply, which means at most every player could have one of these once every 90 days, and only if they have 5 covers in the color and have already been playing for 2 years(day 730).

It's a really small number of requests.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    yeah, the potential crowd for this request is a tiny percentage of players. and i'm not just saying that because i have a 5/2/5 oml and they changed him to yellow two weeks after i got a black cover, and refused a swap....
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Brigby, D3...

Nope, I picked up the black cover at the 820th day, and got another black at 1095th day but CS just told me to shove it and come back when I have a latest classic to exchange.

I have gotten black after black after black without drawing a single yellow and every single time told to shove it, even when it's the daily resupply which should have been a different color and not a repeat color of the previous round.

Now that they HAVE changed it to yellow, I suppose I'll send an email to ask if I can get one, but I'll probably get another nice "shove it" from them to add to my collection
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Update, I sent in a request to try and get the yellow cover, since I couldn't use the black and sold it off long ago

And customer service copy and pasted the DRAW RATES REPLY

Do they even read what we send in?