5* Hawkeye proposal

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
So it seems that all of the Capt.America: Civil War characters might eventually get a 5* (Capt/IM/BW), so how about Hawkeye. If BW could be a 5* (without any superpowers, instead of just super "skills", I'd think that Hawkeye would qualify too.

So how about something along the lines of:

Aimed Shot/Multi Shot: 14 Purple AP
Level 1-3: Place a single Critical Hit on any tile of the board
Level 4-5: Place two Critical Hits on the board

Passive: Whenever the player makes a match-5, every Purple tile on the board gets a 2-turn countdown tile dealing XXX damage (dependent on the level).

Designer Note: Combines both 1* and 2* Hawkeye's abilities

Shock Arrow/Out of the Sky: 9 Blue AP (maybe Black?)
If the target is Airborne, it is removed.
Level 1-2: Deals XXX damage and stuns target for 2 turns
Level 3-4: Deals XXX damage and stuns target for 3 turns
Level 5: Deals xxx damage and stuns target for 4 turns

Designer Note: Counters Airborne, no other character can do that currently

Armor Piercing Shot: 9 Red AP
Level 1-2: Deals XXX damage and destroys 1 Shield tile
Level 3-4: Deals xxx damage and destroys 1 Shield and 1 Attack tile
Level 5: Deals XXX damage and destroys 2 shield and 2 attack tiles.

Designer Note: Copies Capt/Ms. Marvels Red ability. Honestly, I couldn't come up with a unique ability, so picked those, as it fit the theme of Hawkeye. The other two powers would be the game changer in the 4*/5* levels.

Comments

• My friend and I were just talking about something to counter Airbourne. We were thinking maybe an Omega Red type character that allows you to target anyone including airbourne enemies and a stun + damage
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I just don't like hawkeye... like barely at all. I like Jeremy Renner in the movies, so that's fine. But there's probably a reason why he isn't more highly featured in the movies. I used to love him as a kid, but isn't he basically "good guy bullseye, but with a bow and arrow" ?

Though one is a different person, there are already 3 hawkeye's in the game. For me, that's enough for now. I suppose this could work if they can't get licensing rights to new characters, but I mean there are so many better options out there... both for variants or new people
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Even in 5* doesn't really mean "super-strong in the comics", all 5* charachter are very strong in the comics.
    So: no Hawkeye.