Two or more copies of character in your roster?

Options
2»

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    JusticeB wrote:
    I've got a second Magneto MN who I'll only use for 'buffed' tournaments so I've only got him at lvl 10 on 2/5/3 at the moment but want to get him to a 5/5/3 so I can clear the board with Iron Hammer at level 5.

My main Mag is lvl 53 on 3/5/5 and he works very well with Magnetic Flux and Polarity Shift but I just want to see how he fares with Iron Hammer maxed on my 2nd copy, and like everyone else has commented it's good for saving health packs. icon_e_smile.gif
    I've had Iron Hammer at level five and it's hilarious watching the entire board disappear - any damage inflicted is a bonus.
  • Droc76
    Droc76 Posts: 56
    Options
    I started building a second OBW for heals since I don't have a full Spidey. Some characters warrant the consideration of 2 builds just based on that characters abilities. I've read how Patch and Punisher play way different depending on a specific build. Maybe one day I would consider it after I max out my other characters.
  • I have several copies of characters in my roster. I might recommend copies of m.storm and m.widow for use in pve.
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Same as quite a few, I had multiple copies before respec was introduced, mainly to 'fix' characters after a nerf. Since respec was added, I have sold them to gain back slots, as HP is harder to come by than ISO. With that, I had not fully leveled any of the duplicates so I didn't have as hard of a decision. Unless they get killed, I can always head over to Prologue to heal back up, saving the heal packs for crunch time so having duplicates for health didn't make as much sense for my gameplay style. I can understand and know of a few with different builds between PVP and PVE, guess I'm just not hardcore enough for that.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I somehow manage to get more Hulk Anger covers, I'll build a low level Hulk that would get angry over a tile match.

It's a lot harder to get a high level Hulk angry. I noticed during the Hulk Event repeat that the low level Hulk was more problematical than the high level Hulk. Then again, against the level 230 Hulk, I used Spiderman+Venom every time.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Before the respec, I started on a second OBW and got her to ~35 levels, but then I needed roster space and had to sell her. icon_redface.gif She would have been the 3/5/5 one, since the first was already 5/5/3. After respec, I toyed a little with different builds, decided I hated having less then 5 in blue and settled on 3/5/5 for now. But that is the only case where I would consider having two versions of the same character - if they have different builds both very tempting. Just having two (or why not more) identical ones kinda feels like a brute force way to win. Would I do it if I could? I'd like to think no, but as it is it's way too many different characters even now to level them all, and the new ones just keep coming.