Standard Token odds

Options
DAC169
DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I don't think we ever got official word on Standard Token odds, did we? If so, I missed it. How about we try to figure them out here?

I recently used all 504 that I had. Here's what I pulled:
410 star.png
80 star.pngstar.png
14 star.pngstar.pngstar.png

Now, I know this by itself isn't truly indicative of the odds. After all, I had about 5 of those star.pngstar.pngstar.png in the first 100 pulls, and had a streak of 140-ish without any star.pngstar.pngstar.png . But this puts the odds at roughly 82% star.png , 16% star.pngstar.png , & 3% star.pngstar.pngstar.png .

If anyone wants to help, please do so. Mention how many tokens you used and how many of each rarity that you got. For higher accuracy, please only do large numbers of pulls, like 100+, because small samples really skew the odds. I'll try to keep this updated.
  • star.png - 410 for 81.35% odds
  • star.pngstar.png - 80 for 15.87% odds
  • star.pngstar.pngstar.png - 14 for 2.777..% odds

Comments

• deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've only ever looked at the % at the top of my spreadsheet and never totaled how many of each. Now I am depressed. icon_cry.gif
    • star.png - 781 for 83.26% odds
    • star.pngstar.png - 141 for 15.03% odds
    • star.pngstar.pngstar.png - 16 for 1.71% odds

edit : Should note this is not from one giant pull, but from all pulls since I started tracking a while back. I usually open <=50 at a time as part of the 50 token club thread.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since I started tracking them I've pulled 2,551 standards.

84.48% 1*
    12.94 % 2*
    2.59% 3*
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is going back for a number of seasons. I've only kept track by seasons since 19, but I've been keeping track of pulls longer.

Total pulls - 5201
    star.png - 4327/83.19%
    star.pngstar.png - 759/14.59%
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png - 115/2.21%
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There has never been official word but I'm pretty sure it's:
    1* 85%
    2* 12.5%
    3* 2.5*

I pull in groups of hundred for nearly a year now. All of your stats are backing this up as well.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i don't track, but maybe i should. at least from the eye and memory test the % are:

star.png 99.5%
    star.pngstar.png 0.4%
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png 0.1%

opening standards has gotten to be just about the most boring and pointless thing in the game. just gimme 100 iso instead and save me the time.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My last large standard pull:

Total Tokens - 298
    star.png - 86% (257)
    star.pngstar.png - 12% (35)
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png - 2% (6)
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I've kept track since I started, 1080days now....

5531 pulls
    1*=84.2
    2*=13.5
    3*=2.5

I've seen other report you can draw a 4*, but I've never seen it in 5K pulls, so I think it's just an urban legend started by D3....
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @fnedude - wow thats an impressive amount of tracking - and *very* consistent with the other responses
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fnedude wrote:
    So I've kept track since I started, 1080days now....

5531 pulls
    1*=84.2
    2*=13.5
    3*=2.5

I've seen other report you can draw a 4*, but I've never seen it in 5K pulls, so I think it's just an urban legend started by D3....

After ~12,000 pulls (prior to DDQ and championing characters, I had a hard time getting 3*'s, much less 4*'s, and therefore had very little else to spend iso on; I wasted HUGE quantities on standard tokens)
    1*: 84.0%
    2*: 13.7%
    3*: 2.3%
    4*: 0%

The user-collected data thread did have people getting 4*'s and even HP, but I believe that was from a long time ago in the game. Ever since Legendary Tokens were added, the standard token text explicitly states that only 1*, 2* & 3*'s are available, but who knows how long that's been the case, as the standard token is the only one without published probabilities...
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    my odds roughly come out similar to Heroics just everything one star less
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options

My Taco results are the same: (roughly)
    4*: 2%
    3*: 13%
    2*: 85%

So it seems 1*, Heroics (I won't dispute that result, but I think mines a little better), and Taco's have the same probabilities...
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4*s were available in standard tokens before the Great Token Realignment, but at incredibly slim odds. Still, I pulled two 4*s (Thor and Wolvie) from standards back in the day....

Good times. Good times.

(Wait... no they weren't.....)
  • Aevard
    Aevard Posts: 4
    Options
    I can confirm you can receive 4* from standards; I recently (two weeks or so ago) pulled a Professor X blueflag.png from one.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Aevard wrote:
    I can confirm you can receive 4* from standards; I recently (two weeks or so ago) pulled a Professor X blueflag.png from one.

I'm sorry but I find that hard to Believe. Unless the chance is something like 0.001%, which I find equally unbelievable...

I dont know what to think icon_e_sad.gif
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just to add my own data point; since I've started tracking, I pulled 2269 standard tokens:
    1 star	1894	83,47%
    2 star	 316	13,93%
    3 star  	59	 2,60%

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    herm1978 wrote:
    Aevard wrote:

I'm sorry but I find that hard to Believe. Unless the chance is something like 0.001%, which I find equally unbelievable...

I dont know what to think icon_e_sad.gif
    According to IceIX Before he quit (so a while ago icon_e_smile.gif), it is possible to get fourstars from standard tokens, but the chance is so intefismally low that they don't bother listing it on the token page.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Recently pulled 600k in standards to gauge the odds. It was around 13% for 2*, 2% for 3*.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fnedude wrote:

My Taco results are the same: (roughly)
    4*: 2%
    3*: 13%
    2*: 85%

So it seems 1*, Heroics (I won't dispute that result, but I think mines a little better), and Taco's have the same probabilities...

I have been separating tacos and any vaults from any other data. Since a vault has a finite number of items in it, every item is (supposedly) at the same odds of 1/(max number of items in vault). They skew these odds by putting more 2* rewards than 3 and 4 stars. But also, the more you pull, the fewer rewards remaining, thus higher the odds are that you will get a high reward (a choose-then-choose probability). The same can not be said for non-vaults (more of a choose-replace-choose probability)... non vault is more like buckshot. You are likely to hit a target eventually with enough attempts, but nothing is guaranteed.

for example, in tacos, if you spend 300 tokens you are guaranteed all 3 of the 4* rewards. You can spend 300 heroics, and theoretically get zero 4* rewards (unlikely, but it sure feels like this happens doesn't it?)
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Back in the day, I pulled a 4* Nick Fury from a standard token. It was a few months after 4Thor was released.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't say when I started tracking, but I have 7 Spider Man (Bag-Man) draws in there, so it's been a while. icon_e_smile.gif Here are my numbers, they aren't all that different form everyone else's:

Standard Tokens Total --- 6752

Stars - Total - % of Total
    5603 --- 83.0%
    ** ---- 997 ---- 14.8%
    *** --- 148 ---- 2.2%
    0.0%

If there is a chance for a 4* (and I believe there is,) it's pretty darn low, probably less than .1% (one in a thousand.) At that low chance, one can easily go many thousand before pulling one. They were right to remove it from the listing, if this is the case.