How is strongest color determined?

Options
Pope Belligerent
Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
edited January 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
For powers that target a team's strongest color (i.e. Prof's blue, BP's black) what determines what the strongest color is? Is it the one that causes the greatest match damage? The one that powers the strongest power? And if the latter, how is THAT determined? Is there any clear description of how this works?

For context, I'm asking this because I am considering leveling up my ProfX, but I want to make sure that purple is still the strongest color in my Charlie's Angels team so as not to mess up my winfinite.

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,370 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    'Strongest' color is the color that has the highest tile match damage. For example, a maxed PX is 'strongest' in blue because his blue tile damage is 82. Iceman is strongest in green with 82. (numbers quickly taken from their respective character threads)

The position in the team matters in determining the strongest color in the case of ties: middle - left - right, in that order.

I don't know how it is determined for goons exactly-- usually, goons have the same tile match damage in all colors. I'd be inclined to say it's random, but that's not true; for example, Maggia thugs are strongest in yellow, and Pyros in green. Maybe it's manually coded to a specific color.
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks, that's really helpful.