Another 4* advice request thread

Options
udonomefoo
udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I have 15 champed 4*s, pretty much all of the best ones that aren't brand new. I also have lots of fully covered 4*s that I will probably never have enough iso to max:

Moon Knight
Kate Bishop
Thing
Cho
Antman
Invis Woman
Prof X
Elektra
Ghost Rider
Nick Fury
Falcap
Miles
Spider Gwen
Venom Brock
Mr. F

and Starlord@12 covers (5/2/5). Which is kinda crazy considering how old he is.

Anyway, I'm coming up on 300k iso and looking for any advice on who to level. I currently have one cover each of Thing & IW in the queue, but are they worth champing over the likes of Moonie or Kate for one cover?

What should I do?

Comments

• udonomefoo
    Options
    No takers? How about if I simplify the question

Pick one to max:

Invis Woman w/one cover in queue
    Thing w/one cover in queue
    Moon Knight
    Kate Bishop
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thing and Kate Bishop are boosted next week. I would probably go with one of them.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I assume you already have Jean maxed so you have a boosted champion for next week. Still - I would go for a cover in the queue and since Thing is boosted next week it makes sense to go for it. From there - you might still be able to get enough iso to champion IW (if you play DDQ and 4 clears of PvE a day with the intercepts you get about 22-25k ISO per day, when you add PvP, some Lightning rounds, maybe some simulator you can increas it by another 5-10k).

As much as I like Kate I would champion her when I have a 14th cover. If you don't care about the quick LT then Kate might be the best option. She is very strong, should work well with Jean and not a lot of people have her championed so she might be a nice little surprise on defense.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's hard to say champ this toon or champ that toon without knowing your style of play, your focus (PVE? PVP? Both?), do you have any champed 5*'s, etc.? Are all your 3's champed?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are only two reasons to put ISO into a 4*:

1) Level up to ~150 for a DDQ Crash
    2) Champion because you have additional covers

Or theoretically if there's a specific reason why they'd be useful, like leveling up Quake for her Yellow against ninja traps.

I like the new IW update quite a lot. Her green does a ton of dmg, and her blue adds in lots of strikes. Works for me!
  • udonomefoo
    Options
    Magic wrote:
    As much as I like Kate I would champion her when I have a 14th cover. If you don't care about the quick LT then Kate might be the best option. She is very strong, should work well with Jean and not a lot of people have her championed so she might be a nice little surprise on defense.

This was my thought too. I thought it would be fun to have someone maxed that many others wouldn't, unlike Thing. With Jean boosted this week and spamming aoe, Thing's yellow becomes kind of useless.

As to the other questions:

Highest 5* is BBolt @ 360 (2/4/2) so I don't use him much in pvp, my boosted 4*s are usually stronger

All 3*s are champed except for 3hanos (2/5/3)

I play pvp mostly, but farm pve for iso. Generally shoot for 900 pvp and the 4* cover progression in pve.

I know there isn't really a RIGHT answer here. I just was looking for any angles I hadn't thought of. Thanks for the replies.