Account backup and recovery options

Sorin81
Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
I know that currently the only way for players to backup their games is to link the game to Facebook, however not all players use Facebook. I would like to see an alternative to this, perhaps by linking to Google Play Games. I am aware that in the event that a game is not backed up to Facebook customer service is able to manually restore the game on their end, but in my experience customer service seems to have more than they can handle and are not able to provide support in a timely manner.

I am currently having this issue. I am not the social butterfly that others are and do not use any form of social media therefore I could not backup my game to Facebook. I have made a ticket with customer support and am waiting for my game to be restored. It has been nine days and have not been able to play nor have I gotten a response from customer support in nearly a week. I know they are busy with what must be swarms of request so maybe providing an alternative method of backing up player's games could lighten their load a bit and get players like me back to the game a little quicker.