A thought about tokens.

Histamiel
Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Currently, there are more than 120 playable characters in this game. They are distributed between five tiers for now. For each tier, we can use different types of tokens to recruit them, even some characters have been removed. I think each and every character should be recruitable with tokens.
I think it is time to readjust the odds in the different tokens types in a way to take account of the increasing roster of the game.
Standard tokens
Those are more useful for beginners. Actually, they can provide characters of the first three tiers of the game. I think, it will be better off they provide the player with only the first two tiers I think the odds should be rebalance as follow:
- 60% of chance to pull any star.png character (so 7.5% to pull a specific character).
- 40% of chance to pull a star.pngstar.png (so 2.85% to pull a specific character).
Heroic tokens
Actually, the provide characters from three tiers( star.pngstar.png to star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png). It could be interesting to reduce it to 2 tiers. And the distribution could be :
- 60% of chance for any star.pngstar.png (so 4.285% for a specific character)
- 40% of chance for any star.pngstar.pngstar.png (so 0.95% for a sepcific character.
Elite tokens
Now, they give star.pngstar.png and star.pngstar.pngstar.png. It could be interesting if they only provide star.pngstar.pngstar.png and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png with the following odds:
- 75% of chance to pull a star.pngstar.pngstar.png (so 1.785% to pull a specific character).
- 25% of chance to pull a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (so 0.568% to pull a specific character).
Legendary tokens
Currently, they can be used to pull the three latest star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png and any star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png. The new odds could be :
- 60% of chance to pull a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (so 1.33% for a specific one)
- 20% of chance to pull a cover for the 3 latest star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (so 6.67% for a specific one)
- 20% of chance for the oldest ones star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (2.22% for a specific one).
I think those changes in the tokens could help each type of players to strengthen their roster more easily and be more inclined to invest in roster slots also.
An interesting feature could be an exchange system between tokens for an exchange rate. It could be as follows:
- 5 heropointsbig.png to exchange 5 token_standard.png for 1 token_heroic.png
- 10 heropointsbig.png to exchange 5 token_heroic.png for 1 elitetoken_icon.png
- 25 heropointsbig.png to exchange 5 elitetoken_icon.png for 1 token_legendary.png.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Histamiel wrote:
    - 25 heropointsbig.png to exchange 5 elitetoken_icon.png for 1 token_legendary.png.

I would do that all day
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    your odds for Legendary tokens don't hold, unless you thought its 80% chance of pulling 4*

also exchange rates are not realistic as before CP were introduced, single 4* cover was 2500 HP, 3* was 500 HP
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I like the idea overall, and I agree with the second comment, I would do 25hp to trade for a LT all day long. Take all my HP!

however, if these were to be implemented they would also have to change the rate at which each token is dropped. Though I would love elites to give only 3 and 4's, I get close to double digits of these per day. I imagine the devs wouldn't like that one bit.

I have always thought that token odds should change due to your shield rank. Someone in the 70s and 80s really hate getting standard tokens. To someone like that, a standard token basically represents 100 ISO, which is a pittance to them. Even me, I sorta get annoyed every time I get one. Actually, I get annoyed by most tokens because the odds are so skewed that I get the lowest tier allowed for each token about 95% of the time... but that's just me.

So, I have wanted thresholds based on your shield ranking. If they insist on giving people in the 1000 days played a daily reward of a standard token, then it should be worth more if you have a better roster. I am only in the high 60's for ranking, and I am only on day 460 so this is me advocating for people above me, but also myself. I have no need for any 1*, I like keeping my 2* farm going, and 3's and 4's are still sort of difficult to come by. I get what? 2 3* from progression in PVE, one daily in DDQ. I can't hit 800 in PVP regularly enough to get it there, so the rest is dumb luck on tokens. 4* is once per PVE event. after that, it's crapshoot-city in terms of CP spent and nothing else. We have gated progression/placement rewards, how can we not have this for token odds?
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Histamiel wrote:

I would do that all day

Within the argument he's swapped the value of elites and heroics. I don't really see the point of doing that. It's confusing.

That said, some sort of trade-in system would be welcome. Those standards are garbage. Every one I open there's a chance I'll draw a MBW purple and accidentally tap the wrong button, ruining one of my sting teamups. I'd gladly save 10 for the next tier up. For the higher tiers it's a toss up. The (current) elite tokens feed the 2* farm and quite often boost 3*. I'm not sure I'd trade in a bunch for a 3/4 token unless the economy changes.