So THAT's why character lockouts went away.

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So that they could pit Ares against players in the Ares essential. Because boosted Juggernaut with his AP costs fixed isn't enough of a pain. icon_lol.gif

Comments

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    When was the last time Ares was essential? I can't actually recall it ever happening before, but I suppose it must have.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    When was the last time Ares was essential? I can't actually recall it ever happening before, but I suppose it must have.
    Previously, villains were only Essential in Prodigal Sun, Simulator, Gauntlet and Deadpool vs MPQ. On the two-star front, we have four villains, so they were essential very rarely. Personally, I am happy we can get more villain covers as PvE rewards.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    So that they could pit Ares against players in the Ares essential. Because boosted Juggernaut with his AP costs fixed isn't enough of a pain. icon_lol.gif

Except they changed the node when Jean would have to fight herself in last HoD run. So there is precedence for not needing to change the game at global level.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kind of liked the Ares on Ares action (I had a level 302 Boosted X-23 to take the shots from Onslaught and Headbutt Though)
    funny when a boosted and already tanky Ragnarok ends up taking no damage
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    You have some green!
    No, YOU have some green!!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking the same last night.. this change likely saves them time on having to switch out characters for essentials.

Also, I am noticing a lot more T/U's being used against for a character that's on my team. You used to only see that in PVP but now with the change it's consistent in PVE. If there was a T/U the enemy had that I didn't like I would simply change my character to the T/U they had equipped but now that method does not work.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    But on the other hand, your TUs are only locked out for the characters you bring (admittedly not as helpful when you are only facing Dark Avengers).
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I thought it was funny overall. A little annoying because you are always racing for the same colors, so my powers fired much less often than his do. Not annoying enough to be mad, just a weird development.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the primary point is probably so they don't have to limit who they make essential or remember who's in the nodes and change them. The other point, there was a screenshot from one of the Deadpool vs MPQ runs where someone went to the Daken essential, and some bug had him fighting Daken, and PVE rules kept him from being able to play the mission.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    My first thoughts was that ending character lockouts would have been more helpful at the beginning of the game, when smaller rosters made lockouts hurt a lot more. Heading towards 100 roster slots, it's not going to make a lot of difference to me at this point. Good for new people starting the game, though.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking the same last night.. this change likely saves them time on having to switch out characters for essentials.

Also, I am noticing a lot more T/U's being used against for a character that's on my team. You used to only see that in PVP but now with the change it's consistent in PVE. If there was a T/U the enemy had that I didn't like I would simply change my character to the T/U they had equipped but now that method does not work.
    of course now that means your Red Hulk can get gamma siphoned by a tu