Game Freezing

bonham2
bonham2 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
My game froze sometime yesterday, and I still can't get it to work. I play on my Samsung Galaxy S4. When I try to load the game, it goes through the loading screen and ends up frozen on the daily notification screen (it's telling me about my last chance for X-23). I can't click on anything on my entire screen. If it sits long enough, I get an unresponsive page. The only way out of this is to either hard close the app or restart my phone (which I have done at least 5 times already). If I don't close the program, I still hear the music playing even after the phone auto-shuts down.

I sent a service request to d3 sometime yesterday, but their customer service truly sucks. How is it possible that they don't have a live chat or a phone option??? Anyway, I'm considering uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but I am scared that I will lose all of my progress. I don't know if I ever backed it up through Facebook. Can anyone offer any suggestions or walk me through the retrieval process?

Comments

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    I'm experiencing the same issue, it seems the game does have a connection to the server, as it does get new notification windows in-game, such as the new Vault and prize windows. But the issue remains the same. Freezing upon startup, with the phone generating an error report with the option to either wait or shutdown MPQ.
    Also submitted an error report Tuesday night. No reply so far.
    This is costing me Taco Tokens, daily resupplies and progress and placement rewards... Not to mention missing out on the fun of playing doctor with my newly championed X-Force Wolverine and his Surgical Strike.
  • Steel_Colt
    I have tried deleting and reinstalling, and while that made me nervous as hell about losing my progress, it did fix the problem!
  • Steel_Colt
    Have you ever gotten the option to share rewards with Facebook friends? If you have, that means you have connected your game to Facebook and if I'm not mistaken, that also means your save file is backed up through Facebook.
    If you have, that means it's safe to delete and reinstall the game.
    Can anyone confirm?