PVE: Hearts of Darkness (2017-01-23 to 2017-01-26)

Options
2»

Comments

• Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used Starlord and SWitch for the Riri essential, no boosts, no healthpacks.

Awful sub though
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used jg and switch but honestly I feel like it's gonna be luck of the draw if I can clear that node 4x at full scaling. I basically needs switch to get a bunch of purple from her first CD because if Cyclops or Booby get going they are going to cost you 3 healthpacks and you will be lucky to win. Having a 0/1/1 Riri doesn't help at all.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beastwood wrote:
    Todays sub was designed by a sadist plain and simple...

All my gripes n stresses were forgotten after today, the wave nodes are a beast, whenever i seen Jean Gray i die a little inside... the riri node is mental, took a good few health packs off me, the rider node is a pain to, this sub is just all round punishment.
    there's a bit of everything, caltrops, dark avengers, team beast on the essential 4* slow deaths on wave nodes....brutal

Don't know about Progressive Iron Man (Although I saw hers have been potentially brutal) because I do not have her, but the wave nodes with Grey and Rider respectively were very easy. For me, the only tough ones I could play were the ones with Kishu. Not just the caltrops, but those damn smoke bombs too. The Elektra one was annoying but easy once I switched to getting her out first instead of Kingpin.

In case you were wondering, in the wave nodes, I was running championed Hood, Magneto, and Thor. Easy wins if you recognize Hood's power potential.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If I knew multiple of such soul sucking wave nodes were gonna be in the last day I would've skipped this event. It's insult to injury to see the enemy has 30 AP in a few colors coming into that last wave, get wiped, then lose out on the maximum potential points for that node.

Even running Hood I can't see how you go into that last wave without them spamming a few masterstrokes or onslaughts.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vinsensual wrote:
    If I knew multiple of such soul sucking wave nodes were gonna be in the last day I would've skipped this event. It's insult to injury to see the enemy has 30 AP in a few colors coming into that last wave, get wiped, then lose out on the maximum potential points for that node.

Even running Hood I can't see how you go into that last wave without them spamming a few masterstrokes or onslaughts.
    Kill GR.
    Kill Doc Oc.
    Grab 30 AP in everything while keeping Daken alive.
    Kill Daken with a skill.
    Kill everything in Wave 2 and 3 with the save up AP.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    icon_jeangrey.pngpurpleflag.pnggreenflag.png
    drstrange_icon.pngblueflag.png
    icon_starlord.pngredflag.png
    not a rainbow team, but who need it?
    the passives will save your day icon_lol.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    When you say "cleared 4 times", does the progression total include the fact that the points per clear degrades after two or no? Even though the progression is the same as the last run, I forget how it worked back then.
    Smudge wrote:
    The 4 clears on the survival nodes in their calculations was a mistake on the devs' part in the last run of EotS. The dev team acknowledged that mistake and compensated everyone who would have hit top progression accordingly.

4 clears of standard nodes and 2 clears of wave nodes should be enough to hit max progression. Should be.

Answering both: Yes, it includes the fact points degrade after two. The EotS goof was that they forgot to account for the degrading. That's what they fixed, they didn't reduce the number of clears.

Unless they've since changed it, but I doubt it.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    When you say "cleared 4 times", does the progression total include the fact that the points per clear degrades after two or no? Even though the progression is the same as the last run, I forget how it worked back then.
    Smudge wrote:
    The 4 clears on the survival nodes in their calculations was a mistake on the devs' part in the last run of EotS. The dev team acknowledged that mistake and compensated everyone who would have hit top progression accordingly.

4 clears of standard nodes and 2 clears of wave nodes should be enough to hit max progression. Should be.

Answering both: Yes, it includes the fact points degrade after two. The EotS goof was that they forgot to account for the degrading. That's what they fixed, they didn't reduce the number of clears.

Unless they've since changed it, but I doubt it.
    Actually, anecdotal evidence says otherwise for me. I've been running 4 clears on non-survival nodes and only 2 clears on survival nodes, single hits on the team-up nodes.

I just finished my set of clears for day 3 (I run in slice 5 and typically don't get to the game until the afternoon Central time). With 4x clears on non-waves, 2x clears on waves, a single team-up clear, and the game crashing on me when the last wave came up in the Hood required node, I'm sitting at 47610. That's 390 shy of max progression. I don't know how many points I missed by having the game crash on that last wave, but 390 seems accurate since a single clear on it right now is worth 1100.

It looks like they changed it. If you clear each node until the timer starts, you will hit max progression now, wave node or otherwise.