The new Captain Marvel screen

Mr_Sinister
Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Even my co worker scoffed and asked me what the hell was going on

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup... aggressive
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I hope Carol gets a good Vault pull after rubbing the SHIELD icon like that.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    So they moved the SHIELD icon so it wasn't directly over Agent Venom's crotch, but didn't think to do the same for Carol?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    hahaha. For all we know, moving the shield icon was the real bug in the previous release. Tone Deaf for sure. But I used to work for a large National ATM manufacturer. One year they gave out long slevee t-**** that had the word "self service touch points" written on the chest of the shirt. In the context of the industry, the branding and logo made sense. Put the t-shirt on a woman and it comes off like like a sexist joke. I knew the woman who ordered those shirts. Innocent mistakes happen all the time. The real question is how D3 will address it knowing how easily the situation can get mis interpreted.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Oh, that's not as bad as I was imagining.

I'm gonna miss Thanos looking like he wanted to start a snowball fight, though.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I saw this post before the new loading screen. Opened up the game and was like:
    "Hmm, doesn't seem that funny... Oh. OOOOH" icon_eek.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade wrote:
    hahaha. For all we know, moving the shield icon was the real bug in the previous release. Tone Deaf for sure. But I used to work for a large National ATM manufacturer. One year they gave out long slevee tinykitty that had the word "self service touch points" written on the chest of the shirt. In the context of the industry, the branding and logo made sense. Put the t-shirt on a woman and it comes off like like a sexist joke. I knew the woman who ordered those shirts. Innocent mistakes happen all the time. The real question is how D3 will address it knowing how easily the situation can get mis interpreted.
    Long sleeve tinykitty... Nice filter fail there. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Is... Is she tinykittying shield? Is that it? icon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_redface.gif
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    ...am I the only one who didn't notice this? I was just kinda like "oh hey Carol is on the loading screen now"
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:
    ...am I the only one who didn't notice this? I was just kinda like "oh hey Carol is on the loading screen now"
    I didn't notice it, at first. But you know how the first time you load the game after an update it takes longer than usual? The animation just kept going and going...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    On a slightly more serious note, I'm wondering why they didn't change the background.
    I mean, if you're going to have her flying, why not change the lightning in the background to something that isn't stationary?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    She looks so.. empowered!
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    I opened it up and was whats all the fuss about, but could not find anything wrong with it. Anyways, after playing a little more it finally loaded the the shield icon today icon_redface.gif. now i see, before it was just loading... without the shield emblem.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I'm gonna miss Thanos looking like he wanted to start a snowball fight, though.

You see I thought it looked like he was about to poop out an anvil.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    wow , it doesn't take much to get some of you guys going....
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lucky SHIELD logo.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Carol is evidently as sensual as she is strong and REALLY into load icons. icon_redface.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    On my iPad, she's rubbing the logo with her chest. That's not any better.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Orion wrote:
    On my iPad, she's rubbing the logo with her chest. That's not any better.

For some it might be
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Every time I see it, the word 'frottage' pops into my head. icon_eek.gif