Forgotten Falcon PVP?

TimGunn
TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I noticed that we have not had a 3* Falcon PVP since last April. This is quite a long time; overdue.

The next longest space is Patch which was run last August, and is being re-run this week.

So what gives with Falcon? Is this intentional or an oversight? Did the whale-Illuminati complain too much about his blue overwriting OML strike tiles or something?

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    He was probably replaced with a 4* release pvp event most likely.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess is he fell in an off-season and was replaced by Combined Arms/Nefarious Foes/Earth's Mightiest/whatever. Those events still reward the 3* that was due as an 800-pointer, but the character's event itself gets skipped.

I'm fine with it since the birds constantly overwriting each other drags out matches and is annoying as hell.

Edit: Or Madok's thing.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe it's because his PVP takes 10 years to finish a match... AI Falcon overwrites special tile with a CD, your Falcon overwrites their CD with a CD.. keeps going every single freaking turn!!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Falcon's battles take forever, it's up there with Sp3derman's PVP as well. Slowwwwww. Win 50 points... suffer 200 points of defensive loss.

Plus a bunch of small shields don't do much against oml's strikes!!!!!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe it's because his PVP takes 10 years to finish a match... AI Falcon overwrites special tile with a CD, your Falcon overwrites their CD with a CD.. keeps going every single freaking turn!!
    If you have a champion Falcon, you can spec him 5/3/5 so he doesn't remove countdowns.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skipping 3* falcon is a good thing. Every match takes so long. Unless falcon gets off a purple, then it takes forever!
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Actually, he has not been a PVP reward since April either. I like the theory that devs realized his matches took way too long.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    If you have a champion Falcon, you can spec him 5/3/5 so he doesn't remove countdowns.

Can you re-spec their Falcon so HE doesn't remove countdowns?

icon_twisted.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:

icon_twisted.gif
    If he wants to remove your countdown, let him. It just means you clean up the board faster.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

icon_twisted.gif
    If he wants to remove your countdown, let him. It just means you clean up the board faster.

Oh duh. That would help. I guess I'll just tell Redwing specifically before the battle never remove another Redwing. icon_lol.gif
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Falcon PVP?

bird-fight.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

icon_twisted.gif

Oh duh. That would help. I guess I'll just tell Redwing specifically before the battle never remove another Redwing. icon_lol.gif
    Yes, with only 3 blue covers Redwing doesn't touch countdowns. It was the build of choice for PvP-focused players in the days before the champion system and free respecs.