[Amazon users poll] Have you received signal intercepts?

Histamiel
Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I know they say that the SHIELD signal intercepts was not implemented for Amazon users. I have received them for at least one month before they stopped (R115 update) for me. I want to know if they are some other people in that case.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, I received them before the last update, Amazon probably wanted a cut of the money MPQ was getting from the ads icon_e_confused.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just out of curiosity, as a Android user I can go to the Amazon shop and download MPQ. Can Amazon device users not go to the Google Play shop to download MPQ? I am assuming no
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this is more just an issue of poor wording. Demiurge/D3 have a history [in MPQ] of wording things in completely the wrong way - which tends to mislead a lot of people. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Just out of curiosity, as a Android user I can go to the Amazon shop and download MPQ. Can Amazon device users not go to the Google Play shop to download MPQ? I am assuming no

You have to find the .apk file online , download it and then side load it onto your Amazon device. I think you could do that with play store too, but I've done it with individual apps in the past.

I was getting intercepts on my Fire until the last update and then they just stopped completely.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    slacking wrote:
    I was getting intercepts on my Fire until the last update and then they just stopped completely.

Same. I thankfully had just upgraded my phone and decided to install MPQ on there, so that's where I play primarily now.

Which kind of sucks, because I really preferred playing on my Fire.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,402 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    slacking wrote:

Same. I thankfully had just upgraded my phone and decided to install MPQ on there, so that's where I play primarily now.

really.. i got a tab 4 fire and pc... tired playing it on tab 4 last summer... hated it.. downloaded it on the fire... hated it...

i just dont think i would ever play it on a tablet
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Wow, I completely forgot intercepts existed. I haven't seen one in quite some time. Would be nice if we could get them back.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    slacking wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, as a Android user I can go to the Amazon shop and download MPQ. Can Amazon device users not go to the Google Play shop to download MPQ? I am assuming no

You have to find the .apk file online , download it and then side load it onto your Amazon device. I think you could do that with play store too, but I've done it with individual apps in the past.

Doing it that way will disable in game purchases, fine if you wish to remain a free player. For the full "MPQ experience" you will also need to install Google Play Services, frame work, account manager and the play store and install from there, luckily this won't invalidate your Fires warranty.
  • swordfishdata
    swordfishdata Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I prefer to play on my fire, since it's both larger and because of the discount for using Amazon coins instead of google play dollars, but since the intercepts stopped, I've been playing PVP on my phone, and PVE on the fire (where intercepts don't happen anyway). It's annoying to switch back and forth, but they've made multiple devices completely seamless, so it's all good.
  • DarthDeVo
    slidecage wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    slacking wrote:

really.. i got a tab 4 fire and pc... tired playing it on tab 4 last summer... hated it.. downloaded it on the fire... hated it...

i just dont think i would ever play it on a tablet

It is a lot more convenient to play on my phone, as I can play it pretty much anywhere, but I preferred the Kindle because it was bigger and just all around a more pleasant experience.

I will say that the game seems to crash less on my phone using the Google Play version rather than the Amazon AppStore version on my Kindle.
  • DarthDeVo
    I prefer to play on my fire, since it's both larger and because of the discount for using Amazon coins instead of google play dollars, but since the intercepts stopped, I've been playing PVP on my phone, and PVE on the fire (where intercepts don't happen anyway). It's annoying to switch back and forth, but they've made multiple devices completely seamless, so it's all good.

Wouldn't it be better to play PVE on your phone so you can get the Intercepts? Intercepts don't come in PVP, so that's where you should be playing on your Fire.

I am glad that the transition over platforms is seamless. I do make my purchases (when/if I make them) through the Amazon AppStore using coins to get the discount, but then pretty much play exclusively on my phone.