Solution for unusable 6th covers.

DrDoMe
DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
edited February 2017 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I don't know why I didn't think of this before, and if someone else already posted this idea, I wouldn't be surprised, but I think it is workable both for players, who don't want precious earnings to go wasted, and the Devs, who I'm sure want the luck of the draw to mean something.

The Idea: allow a player to use an extra cover as a "respec point". So for example, if I have Hulkbuster at 5/2/2 and get a sixth red cover, I can use it as a respec point to change him to 4/2/3 or 4/3/2, my choice. This means the extra cover isn't wasted, because I can use it to rebalance away from the capped skill, so the next HB red is actually useful, but the cover gets used for swapping skill progress instead of advancing. My progress is half as fast as it would be if luck had just worked for me, but I'm still making progress. So in the above example, if I had "standard bad luck" (TM), and got 8 extra HB red covers, my progression would look like:

5/2/2
4/2/3
5/2/3
4/3/3
5/3/3
4/4/3
5/4/3
4/4/4
5/4/4

So it took me 8 covers to go from 9 total skill ranks to 13, because every other cover could only be used to respec instead of advance, but I still got there eventually. A luckier set of draws would have gotten me there faster, but at least I know I'll get there and the cover isn't a total waste.

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    That's a great compromise. It still leaves us at the whim of the RNG, but also eventually allows us to get where we're going... Also in extreme streak cases, you could use the respec point to get a desired cover like Prof X's purple, etc.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sure! I'd love to be able to respec a character from 5/1/1 to 4/1/2, or something similar.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    This seems like a legitimately better option than 2,000 ISO for the untrainable 5* covers I have had to compost.

This might also create a reason for me to go back to pulling classics. There are currently too many 5* covers that I would have to sell if I drew classics, and that is not something I could easily tolerate. Latests are more expensive, but the risk of waste/loss is so much lower.
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Seriously devs, I just got yet another unusable cover (my tenth RHulk purple) and every time this happens I hate you just a little more. I've given you the perfect solution. Implement it.