Allow re-spec prior to champing

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
I think we can all agree that dupe covers suck. There's nothing more deflating than using hard-earned CP or a rare LT and getting a cover you can't use for a four or five star character that you have at 3/3/5.

Just let us re-spec for any abilities we have colors for, at any character level.

The re-spec code is already there, so it wouldn't be a major overhaul of the game like colorless covers would be.

If you (the developers) did this it would instantly earn you the gratitude of your entire player base. Useless dupe covers is probably the #1 complaint on these forums and doing something to correct it would be a gigantic way of saying 'thank you' to the core of your players who have supported this game for years.

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I'm not sure what you're asking for here. You want, say, to have your 6th red cover for a 5-3-3 3* Cyclops allow you to add a yellow or black power? Or respec him to, say, 5-4-2?

Or are you saying that cover #6 should be applied to one of the 3-cover colors, but only if you already have 5 in the cover you pulled? If it's that -- it's not a respec. (Respecs are zero sum -- one color has to go down for another to go up.) It's a quasi-colorless cover setup, and something that would definitely go a long way towards solving the problem.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm suggesting that if you have, for example, a 1/1/5 Character you could re-spec to 1/2/4. But if your character was 1/0/5 you would have to re-spec to 2/0/4. If your character was 0/0/5 You would not be able to re-spec.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would rather see the promote feature available before 13 covers. ie. You may promote a character any time by paying the champion fee. Then this allows you to respec up to your current number of covers. Say your character is 1/1/1, you pay the iso to promote and now you can respec to 3/0/0, 0/3/0, 0/0/3, 0/1/2, 0/2/1, 1/0/2, 2/0/1, 1/2/0 or 2/1/0. By doing this, you dont have to overhaul the system to implement colourless covers. Have a dupe? Promote and respec and apply the cover.