Not mad at Bagman anymore

DubbaHuss
DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm hoping you guys would consider making a minor change and bring Bagman Spidey back to tokens. He's so rare in his current state that I finished Black Bolt before I was able to finish Bagman. Maybe he can just be in elite tokens or something, just in another place besides pvp wins. I forgive Bagman for being unconventional, I'm sure others do as well.

Comments

• xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    DubbaHuss wrote:
    I'm hoping you guys would consider making a minor change and bring Bagman Spidey back to tokens. He's so rare in his current state that I finished Black Bolt before I was able to finish Bagman. Maybe he can just be in elite tokens or something, just in another place besides pvp wins. I forgive Bagman for being unconventional, I'm sure others do as well.

He's not even that useless any more! There are several powers that benefit from having countdown timers extended, and in his current bugged state, he's a little cheaper than usual, too.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled a Bagman out of pvp yesterday as a node reward. I was actually pleased. icon_eek.gif

I champed him like 6 months ago and have only gotten 2 covers since.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Didn't they give him really good champ level rewards for a 2*? Isn't that why his covers are rare?

I mean, obviously they could just change it to normal 2* champ level rewards, and have him give 3* Spidey covers.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I finally got him to 2/2/2 and use him in Under the Sea every day, along with Daken and Bullseye.
    In his bugged state, the tile swap comes in really usefull, and adding turns to enemy CD's is great.
    Enjoy the weird.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be OK with them adding him back in. I've finally started working on one in Octoberish and he's only 0/1/2
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sold him just before the champing feature came out, and he was max covered and leveled. So sad... rebuilding him was not as easy as the initial build... 0/2/3.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Bagman is Fantastic!
    he's the only purple on the team
    bagman is the key to making Mr. icon_mrfantastic.png truly powerful(he still needs an upgrade!). Snarky+Imaginaut ramps either Ben or JB depending on if you need D. meanwhile swapping for board control gives you cascades and removal.
    works for combined arms teams

the best part for me about LR's are the chance of pulling a BM cover

I think holding a fully champed bagman and a farmed slot is the epitome of mpq achievement. that 2nd LT at 144 is gotta be a fine wine! ya know; some day retire and sit and look out on the farm, point out the rare flowering(only once every 84 months) baghominus inutillius, recite from memory the Gwenpool tables for the grandkids, and whale an under rep'd variant before watching the sunset on a fully progressed bossrush. gotta have my big dreams while grinding away in the forgotten iso mines of 3* mountain.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Please make him easier to get some how my level 98 champ is dying for covers, I feel like they are even harder to get these days, can't recall getting one outside of the lightning rounds in forever.
    also would be cool if they made him the required 2* once or twice a year, I think he was for the second anniversary pve?
  • Dwarfsteel
    Dwarfsteel Posts: 55 Match Maker
    purplemur wrote:
    that 2nd LT at 144 is gotta be a fine wine!

2nd LT?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't they give him really good champ level rewards for a 2*? Isn't that why his covers are rare?

I mean, obviously they could just change it to normal 2* champ level rewards, and have him give 3* Spidey covers.

The rewards are the same as other 2*s, except he gives a legendary token at level 144. Mine is level 130, I've been building him sloooooooowly. I usually get about 1 cover per week.
  • Dormammu
    If only he were in tokens again. I want to max-champ my Bagman so badly. My Bagman and I have so many memories...

Like the time Colossus threw him with a Fastball Special and Bagman landed, giving Thanos a scathing Snarky Remark. Ha! I'll bet that player thinks twice before taking on my Bagman with his Thanos ever again.

Then there was the time when my Bagman shot his web on a basic tile. I was losing up until then, but that web tile was the turning point of the match! My opponents were so flabbergasted by their confusion that they never recovered.

Of course, my Bagman's most legendary moment was waaaay back in my Prologue days. He webbed down that cursed Ragnarok (back when Rag's red cost 2 AP and his green destroyed all) allowing my 1* Venom to devour Ragnarok! Oh, what a sweet victory that was... watching Venom swallow that stupid android whole... all thanks to my precious Bagman.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only win a new bagman about once every few months, even though I play every pvp, usually up to 900+.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Dwarfsteel wrote:
    purplemur wrote:
    that 2nd LT at 144 is gotta be a fine wine!

2nd LT?

First one comes when you max champ Bags,
    second one when your farmed slot maxes out
    I prolly wouldn't even re-till the farm slot, worth the 1000hp and iso sacrifice, it's like Tom hanks is all "do I even go for a third oscar? probably won't get another one but I'm still gonna impress everyone with Private Ryan"
    -Bagman is a proven winner that is also appreciated for his comedic hi-jinx

Would having double Bagman make me a Dbag?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I only win a new bagman about once every few months, even though I play every pvp, usually up to 900+.

I very rarely get Bagman drops (or any 2* drops) from regular PvP. Now, lightning rounds (and the hero LR to be more exact) are the only time 2*s and Bagman can rain down. Mine is currently at 139 and that LT is so close I can taste it.
    purplemur wrote:
    I prolly wouldn't even re-till the farm slot, worth the 1000hp and iso sacrifice, it's like Tom hanks is all "do I even go for a third oscar? probably won't get another one but I'm still gonna impress everyone with Private Ryan"
    -Bagman is a proven winner that is also appreciated for his comedic hi-jinx

Would having double Bagman make me a Dbag?

Bagman only gives you one when you finish champing him. He gives a heroic when you first champ him.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been over a month since I'd gotten one too. Stuck at 123
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Both Bagman and Yelena should be token drops

And Gorgon should be playable
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    purplemur wrote:

Bagman only gives you one when you finish champing him. He gives a heroic when you first champ him.

I think that the 'farmed slot' indicates he's the 2nd Bagman on the roster.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Dormammu
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    I think that the 'farmed slot' indicates he's the 2nd Bagman on the roster.
    Two Bagmen on one roster? It boggles the mind.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    C'mon reds, make this happen!