I think I know the next 4* Rebalance!

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Today I noticed a personal trend with the recent rebalanced 4*'s. Back when LT and CP was introduced, I had the bad luck of constantly pulling Starlord, Chulk, Invisible Woman and one other character. Fast forward until their rebalance and that bad luck turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Shortly after Starlord was rebalanced, I opened my CP hoard to pull his 10-13th cover and was able to champ him. Then recently last week, Chulk was buffed and I wanted to use him with Rhulk but he was stuck at 5/2/5. I had 160 CP in the bank so I decided to bite the bullet and buy his last blue cover, but before I did I figured I might as well use the 40 CP first.. guess what I pulled.. a blue Chulk.. that never happens... ever! I saved 120 CP and the Hulkettes bashed some faces for a few events. That brings us to today, this morning my Invisible Woman was at 5/3/4.. of course her PVE progression is Yellow. Unlike Chulk, I had no intentions of spending 120 CP on her, even though I was quite impressed when a buffed IW one-shot my IM40 during the Combined Arms PVP! But I noticed my Heroics vault contained her Green cover. I normally do not buy the daily event tokens (unless it's special like Anniversary or Naughty/Nice) but I took a chance and I pulled......... IW Green. First Try!! That also never happens!! Crazy.. now she's at 5/3/5!

What do these three characters have in-common? Well none of them had dups! That's right.. I was able to perfectly obtain 13 covers.. which is unheard of in today's "We need colorless covers" era. Now I am sure everyone is thinking "That's a great Pun, glad you worshipped the RNGesus but you haven't told us who you think the next rebalance is". Well there was one other 4* I kept constantly pulling that I did not want. That character is..... Elektra! I recently pulled her exact 13 cover a few days ago, bringing her to 4/5/4.. if my history proves me right then she's next on the list!! Besides our consistent requests for Mr. Fantastic, she is the 4th oldest 4* who needs a rebalance so she deserves a rebalance!

Okay so it's a ridiculous theory but I figured I would share icon_lol.gif . Anyone else have amazing token pulls with the rebalanced cast?

Sidenote: This also would have worked for Devil Dino but I decided not to champ him. This may also apply to Miles whose currently 2/1/3.. I predict no dups! (I hope). 5Cap is my highest covers 5* at 1/2/1.. so his rebalance makes sense for me too haha

Comments

• BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    I champed IW because I was tired of pulling her covers over and over. Kinda close.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    They seem to keep the animations and power names, so I would be interested in how they fix double double cross to make it always useful, the same way they fixed IW and Cho. I have at 3/5/5 so I'd like her to be reworked. Venom, Wasp, and Mr Fantastic are the only others that I would think, and I have sold a lot of Venom and Elektra covers

The only similar luck I had with pulls was getting a green Pun Max at the beginning of the last galactus run. So after galactus and the following event I was able to go from 3/3/3 to 5/5/3 with a champ level. Always love when I know I never had to waste a cover for a certain character
  • Punisher5784
    Straycat wrote:
    They seem to keep the animations and power names, so I would be interested in how they fix double double cross to make it always useful, the same way they fixed IW and Cho. I have at 3/5/5 so I'd like her to be reworked. Venom, Wasp, and Mr Fantastic are the only others that I would think, and I have sold a lot of Venom and Elektra covers

The only similar luck I had with pulls was getting a green Pun Max at the beginning of the last galactus run. So after galactus and the following event I was able to go from 3/3/3 to 5/5/3 with a champ level. Always love when I know I never had to waste a cover for a certain character

I think they will have Elektra have reduced costs of her purple for each enemy strike tile. So 7 AP throw out 3 enemy strikes, now it's only 4 AP to use it again. That could work well.. really well against strike tile generators. Red needs to be a trap tile on ANY tile, not red where it's constantly overwritten by simply powers like Daken. Black is currently her best (and most annoying to deal against) power.. this one might not get reworked but she would be interesting to see how they rebalance her to today's standards.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope you are right, Punisher. I have her fully-covered and parked at level 150; I'm just looking for any excuse to justify the iso it'll take to champ her and a rebalance would be just the ticket.

If you are wrong I'm coming over to your house and ripping up all your Daredevil comics. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Dormammu wrote:
    I hope you are right, Punisher. I have her fully-covered and parked at level 150; I'm just looking for any excuse to justify the iso it'll take to champ her and a rebalance would be just the ticket.

If you are wrong I'm coming over to your house and ripping up all your Daredevil comics. icon_e_wink.gif

hahaha fortunately for me I do not own ANY Daredevil comics... now if you threatened to destroy my Punisher comics THEN we would have a problem icon_lol.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since Electra is competing with IW who will be my next champion I like your prediction. Provided it's a buff icon_e_wink.gif
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Not a bad guess in general. She wouldn't be horrible if red didn't get rewritten so much. I actually champed her, and IF you get black off and If they don't get matched away and IF you can have her tank, she can pack a wallop - but that combo of if's doesn't come around that often. She's also ok against non-tile movers in pve getting red off.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Hard to imagine it won't be MrF. As mediocre as Elektra is, DD Cross is actually important utility in the 4* tier. On the other hand, there's nobody as useless as old Ironsides left in the game anymore.

Personally if I had to vote for someone for them to buff, it would be 3* Hulk, who actually gets worse and worse with each champ level as his HP rises and makes his black less and less relevant...and he was already pretty bad anyway. Given that his main use is in Hulkbombing, he's kind of like a character with one ability. Or maybe half an ability, given it's unreliability. But I know I'm kidding myself that anyone is going to bother rebalancing 3*s at this point.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    If they did anything to Electra, they would also have to fix the order of operations for her black power. It needs to immediately apply damage like it used to, instead of waiting to apply it all at the end of the enemy turn like it does now.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a bad guess in general. She wouldn't be horrible if red didn't get rewritten so much. I actually champed her, and IF you get black off and If they don't get matched away and IF you can have her tank, she can pack a wallop - but that combo of if's doesn't come around that often. She's also ok against non-tile movers in pve getting red off.

My guess is that her rebalance will make it so:

purpleflag.png Now creates friendly strike tiles and steals enemy strike tiles, increasing the strength of a set number of strike tiles at the same time. Still generates weaker enemy strike tiles.
    blackflag.png Cost decreases to 8.
    redflag.png Now creates multiple trap tiles at higher levels, and trap tiles cannot be overwritten.

I think this simple tweak would make her formidable.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    She's my highest covered 4* so I hope you're right. They already re-worked her once though a while back, didn't they?

Any of the above suggestions would be excellent. The order of operations on her black definitely needs to be fixed. I hate it when an enemy triggers it, causes a bunch of cascades that take out the rest of them and then start to damage me when the first one should have killed them. You should be dead already!
  • Punisher5784
    mdreyer93 wrote:
    She's my highest covered 4* so I hope you're right. They already re-worked her once though a while back, didn't they?

Yeah back in April 2015! It was VERY small tweaks that did not make her any more usable.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27385&p=332724&hilit=Elektra#p332724
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've recently pulled a few V4mons, so...
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I hope they don't change DD cross, wasn't that pretty much the only way to stop that Dr Strange boss?