AI damaging itself while wasting AP

EDL666
EDL666 Posts: 73
It shouldn't happen very often, but in the Rocket & Groot story, I had a mission against Dr Doom and an Empiricist. If all the purpletile.png are trap.png placed by Dr Doom's purpleflag.png and the Empiricist uses Inject Iso-8, the AP is used, he takes damage and nothing happens. It looks very silly too because you can't see the trap.png

I know that making the AI less dumb isn't a big priority, but there's a difference in matching your own special tiles and just doing nothing, taking damage and wasting AP doing it...

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most skills with multiple effects are valid to fire as long as one of the effects could occur. For example, Ragnarok can fire his blue skill for charged green tiles and a burst of health so long as there are valid tiles to charge, even if he is at full health and it only creates a couple charged green tiles.

The AI is not smart enough to make decisions about whether a skill is currently useful, and that's probably desirable.
  • EDL666
    EDL666 Posts: 73
    I knew this, but I keep wishing I can get someone interested in how really terrible it is, it's worse than Juggernaut committing suicide IMO(which is also terrible)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    This seems more like feedback. Neither of those things you mention are bugs, even if they seem silly. The AI has extremely well defined behavior which does lead to some silly scenarios including both of the scenarios you describe.

Trust me when I say that the game is frustrating enough with the AI making silly moves all the time.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moved to Suggestions and Feedback.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a different thread about this, but I'll tack it on here too since it is germane to the conversation. And, honestly, I accept the classification of these as bugs. The omission of logic that obviously should be there is still a mistake. It is like releasing a calculator application that doesn't support addition. While not a programming error, it is an obvious design error.

Anyway, I noticed in the recent 4* Captain Marvel PvP the AI Carol using Executive Decision to get rid of 4Pool's Countdown for What. It spent AP to make the board less dangerous for the other team. I imagine there could be other similar issues where Carol gets rid of countdowns she shouldn't:

Vision Blue
    Vision Yellow
    Colossus Yellow
    Thanos Purple
    4* Hawkeye Black
    Iceman Blue
    probably more...

I know the AI isn't smart, and will never be on par with a human player. But wasting AP to actively help the opposing team is just over the line stupid.
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Humans do stupid errors. I totally like it if the AI is not perfect!