How does Cap America:Winter Soldier affect the MPQ universe?

Options
If you haven't seen Captain America:Winter Soldier already - there is a huge event at the end of the movie which affects the Marvel Cinematic Universe...

What does it mean for MPQ?

Just wondering if the Developers have a response ? (it will be cool if they did icon_e_smile.gif )

IceIX - any comments?

Comments

• From what I understand, at this point they're mostly just hanging around the Dark Reign storyline, with only a passing nod to the movies.
  • Yeah, I thought they could do something creative like Nick Fury saying "The goons may be have destroyed our helicarriers and buildings, but I am still on top contrary to all reports"
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sony owns most of Spiderman's roster, including Normon Osborne.

20th Century Fox owns the X-men, mutants, and the Fantastic Four roster, including Doctor Doom..

Marvel/Disney owns the Avengers.

MPQ has limited rights to everything in the Marvel canon, but they can't do much to follow the rather fractured universe of Marvel movies, since it fits into 3 different franchises.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yep
    You can thank Sony for Spiderman not being in the Avengers movie

(Alien invasion in NY and spidey not around? suuure)
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Puritas wrote:
    Yep
    You can thank Sony for Spiderman not being in the Avengers movie

(Alien invasion in NY and spidey not around? suuure)
    Well to be fair, he wasn't part of the first team either. If they do a New Avengers team and he's not on there, I got the pitchforks prepped.
  • The movie Marvel universe is its own continuum and Disney owns all of Marvel not just the Avengers
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    morphy wrote:
    If you haven't seen Captain America:Winter Soldier already - there is a huge event at the end of the movie which affects the Marvel Cinematic Universe...

Just wondering if the Developers have a response ? (it will be cool if they did icon_e_smile.gif )

IceIX - any comments?

The only effect I see, is that $10 players might have spent on MPQ, are going to go to a local movie theater instead.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Konman wrote:
    The only effect I see, is that $10 players might have spent on MPQ, are going to go to a local movie theater instead.
    Or in my case $14.50 because the only showing tonight is in 3D.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Konman wrote:
    morphy wrote:

IceIX - any comments?

People would spend 10$ on the game if they'd get something in return. But I rather go watch a movie than obtain 1/13th of a 3* hero.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    The MCU and the MGU are two separate things. Every now and then you'll see a bit of cross over (like the Avengers Movie uniforms in Avengers Alliance) but anything in the MGU is a separate Earth than the one in MCU. That's why you can have Nightcrawler running around in Avengers Alliance when he's not among the living in the comics right now. Unless that changed recently anyway.
  • IceIX wrote:
    The MCU and the MGU are two separate things. Every now and then you'll see a bit of cross over (like the Avengers Movie uniforms in Avengers Alliance) but anything in the MGU is a separate Earth than the one in MCU. That's why you can have Nightcrawler running around in Avengers Alliance when he's not among the living in the comics right now. Unless that changed recently anyway.

wait what?! Say it aint so icon_e_sad.gif I <3 nightcrawler. I reallly hope we get him in the game icon_e_confused.gif
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As a rule, I think all major comic book heros and villains are believed dead in at least one issue.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

If he's not back yet, he will be soon. Nobody stays dead in comics except Uncle Ben and the Waynes.

(The amusing this is, back when I was in college, that saying was "nobody stays dead except Norman Osbourne and Barry Allen.")
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

wait what?! Say it aint so icon_e_sad.gif I <3 nightcrawler. I reallly hope we get him in the game icon_e_confused.gif
    Hmm. Apparently, it ain't so. He's officially back from the dead after biting it fighting against Bastion a bit back. He's alive as of 3/26 and Amazing X-Men #5. That's what I get for mostly only reading trades.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

If he's not back yet, he will be soon. Nobody stays dead in comics except Uncle Ben and the Waynes.

(The amusing this is, back when I was in college, that saying was "nobody stays dead except Norman Osbourne and Barry Allen."
    They also used to say "except Bu-"… maybe later for that one.
  • Are the rights sold for historical versions of characters as well? That would completely suck if so since half the time the major corporations can't shake hands icon_razz.gif
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

(The amusing this is, back when I was in college, that saying was "nobody stays dead except Norman Osbourne and Barry Allen."
    They also used to say "except Bu-"… maybe later for that one.

Jason Todd used to be in that category too, now that I think about it.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    The Marvel Universe 'Captain Marvel' will stay dead.

There's an army of DC copyright lawyers prepared to keep it that way. SHAZAM!
  • Moral wrote:

There are like 5 of them, at least, by now. Mar-Vell's dead, sure, but there's Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Genis-Vell, and at least one other one (that imposter one) since the original one died. Plus he's come back once or twice.

Marvel actually owns the trademark, now, because DC bobbled it when they bought the Fawcett properties.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Moral wrote:

There are like 5 of them, at least, by now. Mar-Vell's dead, sure, but there's Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Genis-Vell, and at least one other one (that imposter one) since the original one died. Plus he's come back once or twice.

Marvel actually owns the trademark, now, because DC bobbled it when they bought the Fawcett properties.

Mar-vell was brought back during Civil War, wasn't he? See 'Civil War - The Return.' He's BFF with the Sentry, dontcha know.