Boosted characters make pvp boring

2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I managed to find the announcement from when the weekly boost system was launched back in March 2015 (when the game was around 1½ years old). You can read it here. The more things change, the more they stay the same...
    Incidentally, this announcement was made about a week after the announcement that 4* Thor would be downgraded. I don't know if the X-force Wolverine adjustment happened Before or after this.
    They did buffs long before that, but it was random and event specific.
    Yes, That's why I specified this was the launch of the weekly buff system, i. e. not event specific.
  • Quibbles
    Quibbles Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Funny thing is that, for those of us in the 5* meta, boosted characters are the only thing keeping the game interesting. I usually only see OML/Phoenix teams, so seeing someone field a 70k HP 4clops is a welcome change for once. Even my level 336 Rulk's 29,187 HP are seen as a cupcake unless he's fully boosted.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    As a relatively new player (a bit less than a year) it always seemed to me the boosts were there to force a small sub-set of your roster to be used on the hardest PVE nodes + entice you to use them in PVP at the same time, all to get you to use more health packs (and hopefully buy more).

It's one of the main reasons that, as I worked my roster up through 2* to 3* land, I had to pick either PVE or PVP to focus on. I rarely had the health packs to do both in any serious capacity. Having almost all 3*s champed I am finally in a place where I feel that's not a limiting factor all the time, though it still can be.

I don't know if this is in any way a design decision or not - but it sure feels that way.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Nothing is broken here. The weekly boosted characters are fine. Keep working on the bugs.

An added bonus to boosted characters is that you can test newly max covered 4* characters out before you put iso on them.
    This is how I found that rulk was one of the 4* I wanted in my team max leveled and max covered. Without the boosted characters, I wouldn't be able to decide. Didn't have a doubt in my mind when it came time to put iso to max level him.

So the boosted characters add variety and give you a preview of their full potential.

The game is unfair and that is the reality of it. The sooner you realize it, the happier you will be. It's a game that is supporedt by mostly in game purchases, of course it's going to be unfair for people at the bottom. It's designed that way, otherwise you can't make any money on it.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Doesn't seem to bother me.

1hwc85.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator