Anybody know how many total 200-player or 500-player bracket

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
there are? Or is that something the devs don't want us knowing? icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• Well, these brackets continue to form as people join the tournament, presumably up to the final minutes. So it would be a bit hard to say.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    there are? Or is that something the devs don't want us knowing? icon_e_smile.gif

I would say Devs only, so the question is whether they will share this information icon_e_smile.gif I guess we will need to wait till Monday morning comes to D3Publisher HQ and IceIX pays forum a visit.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Cepage is correct, it's pretty variable. I can't give numbers unfortunately, but I can say that over the course of every Tournament, around 85% of our players end up in a bracket in total. It's a *lot* of individual brackets.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Cepage is correct, it's pretty variable. I can't give numbers unfortunately, but I can say that over the course of every Tournament, around 85% of our players end up in a bracket in total. It's a *lot* of individual brackets.

How big is the total playerbase up to?
  • IceIX wrote:
    You mention a lot of statistics in your various posts. I realize they are generally in response to user questions, but I wonder if that's sort of your area of work on the game? Analyzing the statistics.
  • I was rank ~2200 or so earlier in the Shield training Vs with about 650pts. Looking that the top scores I'm guessing that's somewhere in the middle, but there's probably many more players in the lower range of scores than the higher range. So I'd guess there's around 7000 players, but it's actually probably much much more now that I look at some other data...

The google apps page says there are ~8500 reviews and install range of 100k-500k. I'm sure there are plenty of people that have installed played once or not at all and that's that.

But just taking a wild guess and say there are 50k active players that play in every tournament, that would mean 250 separate 200 player brackets. Still, there's probably more than that.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    fatcatfan wrote:
    You mention a lot of statistics in your various posts. I realize they are generally in response to user questions, but I wonder if that's sort of your area of work on the game? Analyzing the statistics.
    If there's a user question that I can back up with real data, it's worthwhile to chase that down. I'm a man of many hats, one of which is looking at data. The one thing I will never do is art. A decently drawn stick figure is a masterpiece for me.
  • adamLmpq wrote:
    I was rank ~2200 or so earlier in the Shield training Vs with about 650pts. Looking that the top scores I'm guessing that's somewhere in the middle, but there's probably many more players in the lower range of scores than the higher range. So I'd guess there's around 7000 players, but it's actually probably much much more now that I look at some other data...

The google apps page says there are ~8500 reviews and install range of 100k-500k. I'm sure there are plenty of people that have installed played once or not at all and that's that.

But just taking a wild guess and say there are 50k active players that play in every tournament, that would mean 250 separate 200 player brackets. Still, there's probably more than that.

The Facebook app says 10,000+ monthly users.
    https://www.facebook.com/appcenter/2133 ... fbsid=1101

I think 50,000 is a safe guess.