read this topic if you don't know whereof I speak
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=57228
so would you rather see future Heroics like Oscorp or stay the old way
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait & See for me

I don't mind heroics now, but I used to hate them when my roster was more limited. I'm willing to try out the unlimited rosters and see how I feel afterwards. It's not like they've announced this is a permanent change - it's just a trial.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Try first before I state whether I like or dislike it. Either way it won't be the end of the world. I usually only play heroics until the 4*.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Wait and see.

Personally, the only thing I like about Heroics is that they're short. Since moving into the 4* range, they've gotten a lot easier, but it's still a dice roll on who will be buffed. I still remember what a slog they were when in the 2-3* phase though, which is probably where a large chunk of the playerbase is. If it can make it easier for newer or casual players to get into the game more, I'm all for it.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I voted for limited, but I expected to be in a small minority with that vote. Very surprised at results, so far.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted for limited, but I expected to be in a small minority with that vote. Very surprised at results, so far.
    a lot of 5 star players like heroics because the scaling allows them to use other heroes
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Id rather they stay limited, and Im not a 5* player. I just enjoy being forced to use characters I otherwise
    don't even bother with.

Only change I'd like to see is how the scaling is calculated. Right now its calculated against your whole roster,
    make it so the scaling fits your "limited" roster in heroics.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hard to say.
    I've played Heroics where every boosted 4* character that week has been someone I haven't champed and it's been a wretchedly slow experience.
    That said, giving me options for unboosted 4* doesn't help all *that* much...
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Id rather they stay limited, and Im not a 5* player. I just enjoy being forced to use characters I otherwise
    don't even bother with.

Only change I'd like to see is how the scaling is calculated. Right now its calculated against your whole roster,
    make it so the scaling fits your "limited" roster in heroics.

I'm a 3* player with a well rounded roster above and below that. I enjoy most heroics because it makes me think outside my predefined box. My favorite part of the heroics is figuring out the new combinations from the limited pool and adapting quickly to it.

How else am I going to use those beast, mystique, or colossus champs (okay maybe not that far).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    It's not like they've announced this is a permanent change - it's just a trial.
    Yeah... no.
    Every time they said they're "testing" and asked for feedback, they were only looking to tweak the formula, not go back to the previous implementation.

So like it or not, this will be here to stay.

5* player here, limited please.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Limited! 5* scaling Boring.
    Make All 1-2* aviable, 3* 8-10, 4* enough boost week icon_e_wink.gif
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I'd like to see them try heroics with no 5*s and no boosting at all. Open up your roster to be able to use more of it (assuming your leveling isn't totally skewed) rather than less of it against the tougher nodes.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    If you want a limited roster, then limit yourself. I like the unlimited roster and hope this stays for all heroics. This is another positive change for MPQ... keep up the good work D3!!