Events, Tournaments, and Missions forum

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
There is a new Events, Tournaments, and Missions forum.

All tournaments and events have been moved there. Sages who have read every post in each of these thread should regale us with the wisdom they have gleaned.

Comments

• Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My apologies if it is still being worked, but I noticed there are still some threads from late October and early November that can be moved over to the new forum. I specifically noticed the Dark Avengers and the Arena discussions (and a minor one on the original Red ISO, small and probably not worth it other than to date the release).
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Shouldn't that be a subforum of General Discussion instead of its own section? A lot of people probably come straight to General and it'd probably be more useful if you could get to it from here.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:
    Shouldn't that be a subforum of General Discussion instead of its own section? A lot of people probably come straight to General and it'd probably be more useful if you could get to it from here.
    It could be, but without a substantial PHPBB mod, you end up just having the forum be a minor looking link below General Discussion instead of a tabbed sub-forum. Then as a sub-forum it pushes out the first thread whenever you're looking at General even more than it is now. If an Announcement is up, that's *another* push of the first thread to the point where mobile browsers don't even see that post till around 2/3s of the way below the initial page load. Stickies hit that even further. I agree that it's not ideal to keep making a bunch of one deep sub forums but PHPBB doesn't do well with readability across devices without digging deep otherwise.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just posting to say I don't really like this change. At any one time only 3 event threads are ever active with some minor post event analysis when the event ends. Having to jump around from the general sub-forum to the events sub-forum and back for just 1 or 2 threads is just a mouse click too many.

I get that you might want to remove clutter but I kinda liked that we were already stickying events in the general sub-forum.

re searchability, a lot of the relevant information that people might actually want to search for should already be in the tips sub-forums.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    some words

+1 to this.

I quite liked having the current events stickied in the General Forum.

Maybe consider moving finished events to the Events forum, as a kind of archive. In this way, General forum can be kept relatively tidy, but still gives us a "one-stop-shop" for most browsing.