Bad Executive Decisions

firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
I was just playing a match and the opponent had Xpool and the new 4* Carol. The AI cast Countdown for What, followed by Executive Decision, reducing one of the countdowns to zero, removing it with no damage to me. icon_lol.gif

While good for me in that particular match, I think the AI needs to get a bit more conditionally aware about countdowns that you don't want to count down. I imagine there could be similar issues with countdowns you want left on the board.

- Brainstorming powers that should be tested
Vision Blue
Vision Yellow
Colossus Yellow
Thanos Purple
4* Hawkeye Black

Others?

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a bug.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're trying to tell me the AI spending AP for the sole purpose of disarming your own trap countdowns, or damaging yourself in the case of Hawkeye damaging, doesn't count as a "technical issue?" Just because it doesn't crash the game, it doesn't automatically mean the behavior is correct. Bugs come in all varieties.

... Iceman blue
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I agree with you, but the extent of the AI's bad decision making seems limited only by the combination of characters available, that is to say, it is really really bad at this game.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    You're trying to tell me the AI spending AP for the sole purpose of disarming your own trap countdowns, or damaging yourself in the case of Hawkeye damaging, doesn't count as a "technical issue?" Just because it doesn't crash the game, it doesn't automatically mean the behavior is correct. Bugs come in all varieties.

... Iceman blue

Yes. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Try the feedback board.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    keitterman wrote:
    I agree with you, but the extent of the AI's bad decision making seems limited only by the combination of characters available, that is to say, it is really really bad at this game.

This. And it's by design -- a while back there was a dev post about how they tested more intelligent AI and found that it made the game too frustrating to play.