Broken characters not in patch - Suggestion to D3

AtlasAxe
AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
Playing Rocket and Groot, and facing all of those Muscle, I brought out BSSM and Quake to handle those strikes and AOE...and they are both broken. I remembered Spidey was broken a while back, and I had set him aside from regular use, and didn't realize they hadn't fixed him...until I really needed him.

Add in Phoenix Green also with problems, and we have a situation where at least three good characters' signature powers are borked and the developers knew about these. The release doesn't address them.

D3/Demiurge: This is really the sort of thing that gets the player base really tinykittied off at you. I understand fixing the AP costs was a priority, for it's breadth. The next priority should have been fixing your characters that are truly broken. The rest of the stuff in the release seems to be minor and can be worked around.

Honestly, you should set yourself some better goals in terms of taking care of your player base. My suggestion is that whenever a known bug with a major impact isn't fixed in the following release, the players owning those should get solid compensation. For issues like this with a 5* or 4* character, an LT, solid CP, or a cover that the player actually needs for those particular characters seem appropriate.

Making this sort of compensation a standing compact with your user base might help your team to be thinking first about the problems your players are experiencing that really interfere with game play as their highest priority. It really doesn't seem like it is at the moment.

Comments

• dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I don't even care about the compensation. Just fix the problem. I will survive without the compensation. Fix as many bugs as you can. Don't worry about compensation as that take more precious time away from bug squishing. Like I said in other posts, just award everyone or no one. It's simpler, quicker and more fair. In fact don't reward anyone. With the amount of bugs that are around, it's just gonna be a nightmare. Just focus on fixing the problem in a timely manner so we can get back to playing the game fairly.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Or maybe they should stop forcing seemingly untested updates every 2 weeks.
  • AtlasAxe
    I don't care about it much either - my suggestion is that this gives them some incentive to fix and prevent problems. Right now it costs them nothing. It also would build a bit of trust with their user base to know that there will be a consistent response to lingering problems.

I do agree with the "fix all the bugs" argument. The better thing would be to test more thoroughly for bugs. Even better: ask for real players to help with formal testing (rather than shoving problems into production and then sorting them out).
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's the thing about compensation. They should either give it out to the entire player base or non at all. Looking at the fiasco with the Banner and Galactus issues. D3 has zero ability to effectively communicate with us and it just leads to confusion and anger especially once their super not - awesome CS gets involved.
  • AtlasAxe
    I'm good with the entire player base. It would increase their cost. Again, the core idea is they know there is a penalty for serious bugs that make it out into the world. [Edit] ..And are not fixed promptly.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    smkspy wrote:
    Here's the thing about compensation. They should either give it out to the entire player base or non at all. Looking at the fiasco with the Banner and Galactus issues. D3 has zero ability to effectively communicate with us and it just leads to confusion and anger especially once their super not - awesome CS gets involved.
    The more I think about this compensation, the more I am leaning towards not giving it out at all.

1.) Bugs are unintentional. Really poor developers that have over 100 characters to deal with. Bugs will inevitably occur in any game. Unless you don't want any new features and any changes, you will get the occasional bug. This does not warrant compensation. Just fix it and not let the bug linger for weeks on end.
    2.) With compensation, there could also be more screwups. Eg. Grandfathered shield level rewards. Yeah that was really bad. So let's not do any compensation. Maybe build in bug fixes with new features and say "tada, thanks for being patient with the bugs, here's a new pve event. Play it bug free!"
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't care about compensation, unless it is infrastructure problems rather than just bugs, what should happen though is the bugs that fundamentally break characters should be hot-fixed even if it means their regular schedule gets pushed out by a week, maybe if they see their scheduled influx of new purchases from the whales getting delayed then maybe we would see a greater focus on improving quality rather than the chuck it over the wall in whatever state it is in at the release deadline approach we are getting right now.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    dsds wrote:
    1.) Bugs are unintentional. Really poor developers that have over 100 characters to deal with. Bugs will inevitably occur in any game. Unless you don't want any new features and any changes, you will get the occasional bug. This does not warrant compensation. Just fix it and not let the bug linger for weeks on end.

Yes bugs will happen with every new update, but it's the devs' job to make sure that everything is working as intended before rolling out the patch, instead of throwing out a patch full of bugs for the end users to experience problems all the time then fixing them only 2 weeks later.

In my 3+ years on this game the past few months has been the worst with regards to bugs, I don't remember any period where there has been as many bugs as this. Every single update, old bugs are fixed and new bugs are being introduced, which makes me wonder if they even do any sort of testing on their end.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    metallion wrote:
    dsds wrote:

Yes bugs will happen with every new update, but it's the devs' job to make sure that everything is working as intended before rolling out the patch, instead of throwing out a patch full of bugs for the end users to experience problems all the time then fixing them only 2 weeks later.

In my 3+ years on this game the past few months has been the worst with regards to bugs, I don't remember any period where there has been as many bugs as this. Every single update, old bugs are fixed and new bugs are being introduced, which makes me wonder if they even do any sort of testing on their end.

I think R117 was the most egregious example. It seemed to contain just one fairly minor feature to it but brought along an AP cost bug. A bug that was not offset by the new feature...whatever it was.

It would have been better to wait for a week instead of pushing it out and then having to spend man hours patching the patch.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if we can look forward to a bug where the game stops registering health percentages. Things like: Peggy's passive active regardless of low health, Punisher being unable to execute. If it always calls the percentage "100%", Hulk and Rulk always angry ( even taking 1 point of damage), 2* Storm Raging Gale from any damage (but never for increased damage), Penance Stare damage always 100% (rank won't change it). How many fun effects can bugs provide?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Devs please, just fix those bugs ASAP! I dont care about compensation (because usually it is very bad), but fix those bugs!

The Spidey and PH bug are quite old, and we still don't have any ETA for the patch icon_e_sad.gif