Upcoming MTGPQ Pricing Adjustments (1/13/17)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone -

We wanted to give you advance notice that some price adjustments are coming in the near future for Magic: Puzzle Quest. While players based in the US will not see any changes, players in other parts of the world may notice changes as adjustments are made to ensure regional and worldwide price alignments between iOS and Android.

I included the chart below to provide some examples of the changes that are coming soon.

The plan is for the new prices to start going into effect sometime next week.

Thank you.

MTGPQ_Pricing_Sheet.png

Comments

• Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes finally! Thank yooou!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Lakestone - does it mean as well that the other packs will have adjusted prices? Because the prices for Gems and for Specials have totally mixed up conversion rates.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Szamsziel wrote:
    @Lakestone - does it mean as well that the other packs will have adjusted prices? Because the prices for Gems and for Specials have totally mixed up conversion rates.

This is a good point and sorry for not including, yes we are looking at adjusting these as well in the same suit. Thanks for the question.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hang on a second here, let me put on my glasses. Am I reading 3000 crystals = 139.99 CAD?

Can you explain why there is a 40% tax on the Canadian dollar? I mean, the exchange rate isn't even that abysmal.

Also, when oil prices rise, the Canadian dollar will bounce back. Will the prices then adjust back? Or are we literally getting the short end of the stick here?

One last question: If I live in Canada, can I choose to pay in USD instead? I mean, it will be a lot cheaper to just eat my credit card's exchange rate. I will gladly pay you in USD.

Edit: Why mod my post? Someone else literally used the same expression in another thread that you posted twice in, yet no edit there. It's at worst a PG rated expression. I wasn't aware we had an audience under the age of 8.
  • Waddles
    Options
    I don't even know what to say to this. This is just so disappointing. This is just so insulting...
  • jetnoctis
    jetnoctis Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Errr... What? Current in game Australian price for 3000 crystals is $129.99 AUD. After this change goes into effect, it will be $159.99. Current conversion of $99USD to is $132. 018. Why the hell would I pay ANOTHER $30 dollars for the same thing just for living in Australia? #hellno #159.99foracoupleofthousandrunesoryoucouldjustQBforlike30minutes
  • glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    just stop paying... this game is hopeless
  • Steeme
    Options
    Can we have some comment from staff on the price increase please? Is this intentional?
  • Steeme
    Options
    Confirmed price increase is in effect. Seems like an additional 2.5% spread on the exchange rate for CAD as compared to the Paypal retail exchange rate.

I don't like a flat rate increase in price just because of where I live. Especially since I live in the same country as the development company (Canada). It would be nice to have an option to just pay in USD, and let me worry about converting the cash.

This isn't a complaint about prices, rather it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to know that you're transferring additional fees onto my purchases.

I work extremely hard for the additional income that I use to make purchases. I am the first one in the office every morning, and it's quite common to see me arrive at work before it has even struck midnight. If I choose to give you 100.00 USD of my overtime earnings to purchase a handful of big boxes when a new set comes out, then how do you think it makes me feel to know that I have to pay an additional 2.5% on the purchase just to pay some middle-man on conversion? In all honesty, that additional spread should have been eaten by the game company, instead of nickel-and-diming players who choose to invest money in your game and not somewhere else.

I can see from the low activity in this thread that nobody really cares, so I will treat this as my own battle. My investment into this game from this point forward will be significantly reduced. Thank you and have a nice day.
  • jetnoctis
    Options
    Steeme, trust me, I care. Being in Australia, I have suffered overblown increases. Just as one example, there has been a $30AUD increase in the cost of the 3000 crystal pack from $129.99 to $159.99. According to my calculations, that's a 23% increase on the old price. It may be that people aren't active on this thread very much because many have chosen to go down your route with significantly reducing or ceasing their monetary investment into the game.
  • jetnoctis
    Options
    And I just saw this on the Marvel Puzzle Quest news and announcements, which I understand may not be perfectly alignable to our crystals bundles:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=57177

It shows the price increase in Australia of something that used to cost $129.99 becoming $134.99 ($5 increase). On the other hand for playing our game, Australians are charged $30 more rather than $5 more.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Actually I didn't look into this too much when I first said thanks. I thought it was just making it so I had to stop paying more on my main Android account than I do on my alt iphone account.

But no, I now see that (for example) 3k crystals which used to cost £79.99 will now cost £99.99.

Good job I already decided never to spend any more money on this game!

In fact, I should try and push through for a refund from google seeing as your game is broken and full of cheaters and you aren't doing anything about it anyway, right?
  • Steeme
    Options
    It was only a minor increase for Canadians but it looks like a ridiculous increase for others. My gut feel is that they have entered a contract with a company that will handle all settlement of transactions. In doing so we are now subject to whatever usurious spread they feel like charging.

I wonder why others have not piped up? Perhaps they haven't tried to purchase anything since the rates went up. I know I would go straight to the forums for info if I noticed the prices go up.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Perhaps the price increase is being driven by the recent uptake in refunds.
  • Darrow
    Darrow Posts: 1
    Options
    Specifically created forum account to comment on this. Have sunk a fair bit of hard earned money into this game as I really do enjoy it and have had the most playability of any android game ever. Love mtg and love the different spin this game provides to an age old game HOWEVER residing in Australia just went to purchase one of the $24.99 deals and it wanted to charge me $38.99! I'm sorry but this is ludicrous! I allow for spending money in my budget but can't justify that ridiculous conversion amount. Sorry but looks like I won't be spending any more money on the game. I will keep playing though because I enjoy it icon_e_smile.gif