DDQ revamp suggestion

drag0n41
drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
I have a suggestion on how to revamp the Deadpool Daily Quest feature. All improvements I have listed have already been in game at some point so there should be little coding changes. Hopefully everything posted makes sense.

I would like to see the cycle switch from 5 days down to 3 days. This way there would be a more frequent Crash of the Titan node. This number works well with the current 42 3 star.png characters as that would make 14 different cycles.

Everybody on the forums seemed to have enjoyed the Crash of the Mad Titan nodes that were run during the Holidays. I would to see a node called Epic Crash or something each day. This node will consist of a current 5 star.png in the game and players can use the required 3 star.png or 1 of 2 4 star.png characters to beat the node like the Crash of the Mad Titan. The reward would be 5 000 iso8.png.

I would add progression reward to every day of 29 999 to reward 10 commandpoints.png. I would also like to see a progression reward for the 3rd day of each cycle at 44 998 to reward a Taco Legendary token.

Create a new Taco Legendary token, that would act like the Purple Reign or Red Room tokens. The token would consist of only the featured 5 star.png at 10% odds and all the 4 star.png for the other 90%. I would set the cost point to purchase these tokens at 30 commandpoints.png.

Adjust the vault to conform to the changes listed above where I would go from the 25 3 star.png essentials in the vault, I would change it to 24 3 star.png essentials. 8 covers for each 3 star.png in the current cycle with a cover distribution of 2/3/3 where the 2 is the cover that is awarded from the Big Enchilada. With the extra vault slot I would add the Taco Legendary token. So the cover distribution for the 3 essential 3 star.png as follows.
:storm: greenflag.pngicon_storm.pnggreenflag.pngicon_storm.pnggreenflag.png
icon_storm.pngblueflag.pngicon_storm.pngblueflag.pngicon_storm.pngblueflag.png
icon_storm.pngyellowflag.pngicon_storm.pngyellowflag.pngicon_lukecage.pngyellowflag.png
icon_lukecage.pngyellowflag.pngicon_lukecage.pngyellowflag.pngicon_lukecage.pngblackflag.png
icon_lukecage.pngblackflag.pngicon_lukecage.pngblackflag.pngicon_lukecage.pngredflag.png
icon_lukecage.pngredflag.pngicon_rocket.pngyellowflag.pngicon_rocket.pngyellowflag.png
icon_rocket.pngyellowflag.pngicon_rocket.pngblueflag.pngicon_rocket.pngblueflag.png
icon_rocket.pngblueflag.pngicon_rocket.pnggreenflag.pngicon_rocket.pnggreenflag.png
To avoid people hoarding current Taco tokens to use on this vault I would change the token types to something like Hard Taco and Soft Taco, Beef Taco and Fish Taco, or something else in that nature, instead of the Sweet and Savory.

I would have this start after the current cycle of crashes finishes so that would be March 14 if my math is correct. The first few cycle could like like this.
Date-Essential EC opponent CoT essential
March 14- 3 star.pngicon_storm.png 5 star.pngicon_silversurfer.png
March 15- 3 star.pngicon_lukecage.png 5 star.pngicon_silversurfer.png
March 16- 3 star.pngicon_rocket.png 5 star.pngicon_silversurfer.png 4 star.pngicon_venom.png (Agent)

March 17- 3 star.pngicon_spiderman.png 5 star.pngicon_wolverine.png
March 18- 3 star.pngicon_daredevil.png 5 star.pngicon_wolverine.png
March 19- 3 star.pngicon_shehulk.png 5 star.pngicon_wolverine.png 4 star.pngicon_x23.png

March 20- 3 star.pngicon_deadpool.png 5 star.pngicon_jeangrey.png
March 21- 3 star.pngicon_gamora.png 5 star.pngicon_jeangrey.png
March 22- 3 star.pngicon_blackwidow.png 5 star.pngicon_jeangrey.png 4 star.pngicon_iceman.png

March 23- 3 star.pngicon_loki.png 5 star.pngicon_spiderman.png
March 24- 3 star.pngicon_daken.png 5 star.pngicon_spiderman.png
March 25- 3 star.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png 5 star.pngicon_spiderman.png 4 star.pngicon_jeangrey.png

Comments

• TheBaku
    TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
    If i could just piggyback on the topic of 'revamping DDQ' for a second...

Perhaps we could make it so that defeating the hardest wave automatically grants rewards for those below it... for example, Defeat Crash of the Titans and receive all the rewards?

Reasoning: I have a pretty good roster (4 star transition) and its deadly dull to play 2 star wave nodes and enemies at this point. I have 3 2* on my roster, and because of DDQ, they are my most used characters. I would much rather spend my time playing my newer and stronger characters.

Before the Snark Force arrives, I know I have the option to just not play DDQ... but its a solid stream of ISO. I can't help but think that if I can defeat the daily 3*wave node, clearly I can defeat the 1* and 2* sections...

This small quality of life change would give me more time to play the game in PvE or PvP with the roster I've built over time... not use the same old characters I've had for 3+ years (day 1100 player!)...

Just a thought
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was somewhat onboard till you got to this...
    drag0n41 wrote:
    To avoid people hoarding current Taco tokens to use on this vault I would change the token types to something like Hard Taco and Soft Taco, Beef Taco and Fish Taco, or something else in that nature, instead of the Sweet and Savory.

No, let people hoard if they want.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheBaku wrote:
    Reasoning: I have a pretty good roster (4 star transition) and its deadly dull to play 2 star wave nodes and enemies at this point. I have 3 2* on my roster, and because of DDQ, they are my most used characters. I would much rather spend my time playing my newer and stronger characters.

This small quality of life change would give me more time to play the game in PvE or PvP with the roster I've built over time... not use the same old characters I've had for 3+ years (day 1100 player!)...

I don't have a lot of time for the game right now either, so I've been thinking about this too. I don't think they'll change it, but another option would be to only allow players to use 2* and 5* in those nodes. That way the beginners are unaffected and advanced rosters can blow through it and move on to something more challenging.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I like it, I think this would also help the issue with 5* dilution. It also helps non 5* players play against 5*s, I normally would just skip them in pvp and they don't show up anywhere else. And it still gives rewards for people who can't beat the 4* crash.

When I first read this it seems like 10 cp a day is a little much, although it could be used for another try at the Taco Legendary every 3 days. I think this idea could be applied to the 5 day cycle. Just give 6 cp a day instead of 10.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I posted that as a suggestion before, the hardest node you finish should unlock the others straight away. If you finish the crash, you are done for the day. I have all the 3* champed and I detest ddq. For a long time my son did it for me to save the wasted game time and boredom. Sadly now he's bored of it and I'm back to grinding that iso myself. I cannot do every crash but can complete Big E with my eyes closed, that should give the full unlock.

With the amount of 4*s and more incoming I don't think we are far off a 4* node like big e. I would make it the same as Big E, cover on rotation and remove the LT. That way you know what you are getting and it becomes a proper 4* transition node.
  • drag0n41
    broll wrote:
    I was somewhat onboard till you got to this...
    drag0n41 wrote:

No, let people hoard if they want.
    I also thought of changing the size of the vault to 180 items, which would then require a change in token types. But decided it wouldn't help the devs to change the odds of the token received.
  • drag0n41
    Straycat wrote:
    I like it, I think this would also help the issue with 5* dilution. It also helps non 5* players play against 5*s, I normally would just skip them in pvp and they don't show up anywhere else. And it still gives rewards for people who can't beat the 4* crash.

When I first read this it seems like 10 cp a day is a little much, although it could be used for another try at the Taco Legendary every 3 days. I think this idea could be applied to the 5 day cycle. Just give 6 cp a day instead of 10.

The dilution of the Classic LT was one of the reason I thought of this design feature, did not even think that this would also help players counter 5 star.png , that could then been used in PvP.

The rewards listed are more for suggestions then set in stone, but I could see the reward set at 5 commandpoints.png.

I listed it at 10 commandpoints.png, so that players could purchase a second Taco Legendary token each cycle.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    It's long overdue for a 4* node with a set character cover rotation like the 3*. Also an updated taco vault with more 4*, 4* characters are not the special snowflakes they were when DDQ was introduced.
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    How about we start with a simple "every 4 days instead of 5"
  • drag0n41
    TheBaku wrote:
    If i could just piggyback on the topic of 'revamping DDQ' for a second...

Perhaps we could make it so that defeating the hardest wave automatically grants rewards for those below it... for example, Defeat Crash of the Titans and receive all the rewards?

Before the Snark Force arrives, I know I have the option to just not play DDQ... but its a solid stream of ISO. I can't help but think that if I can defeat the daily 3*wave node, clearly I can defeat the 1* and 2* sections...

Just a thought

The design of the DDQ was set so that your roster was a little limited, as you had to roster at least 1 of each of the lower tier characters, to receive all rewards. With your suggestion you wouldn't need to have any 1 star.png or 2 star.png characters on your roster, this limits roster slot purchases.

The other thing is you are required to finish 2 nodes right now just to receive the 3 star.png cover, if you only had to complete the crash players could do it without having the required 3 star.png on their roster.
  • TheBaku
    TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Selling off your 1* and 2* would eliminate you from the Combined Arms PvP, as well as the required nodes in PvE... so I don't see your point about not requiring anything under 3*.

I don't even want to sell the characters, as they are boosted now and again and are fun when they are...

I get literally 0 enjoyment from my daily 1*/2* slogthrough DDQ, I only do it for the ISO... and I resent it more every day. It feels like work. Boring, repetitive work. I would rather spend the 10 minutes playing PvP or PvE with my newer characters.

In terms of the Crash Days, 1 out of 5 days you could theoretically "game the system" by not having the 3* in question... provided you have the 4* at a 'crash winning' level. Every other day you have to complete the 3* Character Check node in order to defeat the top (and in my world unlocking) DDQ node.
  • drag0n41
    Wasn't posted suggesting that you would sell off characters, it is more directed at the lower end players who are still in the 2*/3* or 3*/4* transition. I am not saying that running through the whole DDQ doesn't get boring, I can't remember the last time I was unable to complete the Big Enchilada. But if there is a quick way to get all the rewards then there will be some players out there that will try to game the system.