new feature?

Crnch73
Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
When are we supposed to experience the new feature they promised us? And have we all settled on what it is? I have heard the ideas of Bonus Characters, or the ability to send your roster on side-missions... but not a whole lotta detail on either yet. And every new release date that goes by without these changes that will supposedly make the players SO happy, I just assume they are lying to us yet again.

I have been hoarding my CP just in case it's something I actually can use, but in reality I am not holding my breath

Comments

• Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I've realised a while ago that hoarding your resources in anticipation of some feature that might or might not come just stresses you out and set you up to be disappointed. Just spend your hoard and don't worry too much about it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't put too much weight in waiting on new features they may never come, but I also wouldn't frivolously spend your CP either. If you have a really strong reason to use that CP, then I wouldn't hold back. However if you don't have a good reason to hoarding pays off more than spending as you get in this game.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah like the others have mentioned, don't hold your breath. I'm hoarding just because I'll get dupes but if you can actually use the covers I'd use them.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've realised a while ago that hoarding your resources in anticipation of some feature that might or might not come just stresses you out and set you up to be disappointed. Just spend your hoard and don't worry too much about it.

Prior to championing a lot of people hoarded the tokens. And it was worth it.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would just like a time table for when they expect this feature to maybe drop.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    It's posts like these that I think about when people say they want the devs to stop and fix things before making new releases. Maybe that's what they are doing. Its 2 weeks into the year. 2 weeks seems to be the length of time people can go without an announcement before getting antsy.
    Yes, an announcement would be nice, even if it wasn't going to be released for a while. But for now let's assume or hope they are testing it before announcing.
    I don't know how much of a disadvantage you would be if you went in to it with 0 cp. I was holding on to dupes in case the new feature addressed that, but I sold them since it wouldn't make a big difference either way. The new feature sounds more like a way to earn resources, not spend them.
  • Crnch73
    smkspy wrote:
    I would just like a time table for when they expect this feature to maybe drop.

I agree. Or what the feature may be. In reality, I just want to hear what their idea of "something the players will really love!" means. I am banking on them disappointing us, because they aren't very good at their jobs...

I have been hoarding because I have too many 4* that have 5 of one color and none in other colors. I will almost certainly get dupes, and I honestly don't think my psyche can handle selling yet another Peggy blue. I have about 340 CP, but I have spent all LT's that come my way. The last month or so, I have saved and spent CP on buying specific 4* covers, only because I really wanted to have at least one 4* champ. I have 3 so far, so that methodology has worked to some extent but I am starting to slow down on that just because it really is a lot of CP to spend. I currently have about 400K ISO with a few maxed 2* champs, so I could champ any single 4* that came along, and a few are close (Antman and Cho are at 12 covers, a few others at 10-11). I don't know, I was just hoping if a new feature was released that helped me get specific 4* covers without spending 120CP each, I would like to have a little bit saved up to spend on legendary pulls.
  • Crnch73
    Straycat wrote:
    It's posts like these that I think about when people say they want the devs to stop and fix things before making new releases. Maybe that's what they are doing. Its 2 weeks into the year. 2 weeks seems to be the length of time people can go without an announcement before getting antsy.
    Yes, an announcement would be nice, even if it wasn't going to be released for a while. But for now let's assume or hope they are testing it before announcing.
    I don't know how much of a disadvantage you would be if you went in to it with 0 cp. I was holding on to dupes in case the new feature addressed that, but I sold them since it wouldn't make a big difference either way. The new feature sounds more like a way to earn resources, not spend them.

it may only be 2 weeks into the new year, but they have managed to release a new character, eliminate Shield Intercepts from Amazon Users (sorry for Steam users, I now feel your pain, you guys deserve better), and create a few major bugs. Even if you want to lump the Galactus issue into 2016 and say 2017 came with a fresh clean slate, they still have the character power issue and a few other annoying things. So they have done things to try to get more money into their pockets in the last 2 weeks, sorry I was also hoping they'd make life better for me in that same time frame. Frankly, I think it's asinine to criticize me for wanting to make our lives better rather than their own.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoarding was extremely helpful for champing.

But I don't think this new feature will be close to that, so just spend away.

Also for me personally, I already have tons of 1, 2, 3 and 4* usable characters, so I don't think it really matters whether I hoard at this point.

I know you get better odds hoarding CP and LTs for the LLs, but I just don't have it in me. I'll just open Classics as I can and hope for the best.

Also, SHIELD Levels were nice, because it grandfathered you in anyway. Theoretically, you could advance to a slightly higher SL by hoarding, but it didn't really make a difference, as you would get there soon enough anyway, plus it gives me something to do and a general feeling of progression as I gain XP.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Straycat wrote:
    .snip.
    well if this IS THE CASE, it would be good to know. this goes back to our long-running issues with communication between us and the devs*.

this new life-improving, exciting feature was mentioned once, then not again. if it can't be revealed, then some timeline of when it WILL be available would be good, or some justified explanation of why it's being delayed would be good. that's not too much to ask.

*I give Brigby credit, as this has improved lately since he has arrived and adjusted to his role.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    it may only be 2 weeks into the new year, but they have managed to release a new character, eliminate Shield Intercepts from Amazon Users (sorry for Steam users, I now feel your pain, you guys deserve better), and create a few major bugs. Even if you want to lump the Galactus issue into 2016 and say 2017 came with a fresh clean slate, they still have the character power issue and a few other annoying things. So they have done things to try to get more money into their pockets in the last 2 weeks, sorry I was also hoping they'd make life better for me in that same time frame. Frankly, I think it's asinine to criticize me for wanting to make our lives better rather than their own

I'm not saying you shouldn't expect them to improve the game, I'm just saying maybe you can't have it both ways. You can't expect them to fix existing bugs while releasing brand new features. And when new features have bugs, you can't say that they should have taken their time before releasing, because after 2 weeks the community expects another release. Maybe it would behoove them to make a statement that the new feature is x weeks away, but that could also make people upset that they set a precedent of a release schedule and can't keep up. It is still a business, and if it fails then we lose the game. It is still in their best interest to keep us in the dark a little. It hurts them to announce to early if they later have to delay. And if it doesn't make everyone happy as they said, that can hardly be considered lying.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:
    When are we supposed to experience the new feature they promised us? And have we all settled on what it is? I have heard the ideas of Bonus Characters, or the ability to send your roster on side-missions... but not a whole lotta detail on either yet. And every new release date that goes by without these changes that will supposedly make the players SO happy, I just assume they are lying to us yet again.

I haven't seen anything on the new experiences, but here's the kicker:

Even if I had seen more info, I couldn't say it here because I'd get warnings/banned for spoilers. That's gonna hold true for everyone.

Unless you're talking to the devs, in which case good luck with getting that info before they're ready to announce it.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Magic wrote:

Prior to championing a lot of people hoarded the tokens. And it was worth it.
    I didn't mean that hoarding tokens are never worth it, but throughout the life of the game there were only a few times when hoarding a large amount of tokens have been worthwhile (when they adjust up the draw rate of rarer characters or when championing was introduced for example). However these changes are very far between and when you're hoarding tokens, you are actually denying yourself from one of the main resource flows in the game, especially after championing. Most of the time, hoarding tokens actually give you diminishing returns due to the dilution of the character pool.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    In a way yes. But recent big updates all were in line with hoarding. Knowing that a new thing is comming it makes sense to apply the same approach. That being said - I am only hoarding cp/lt myself. Draw rates from other tokens are so bad that I better fuel my 2 and 3 * with them.