Double match results in lower damage

When I make a double match, from chaining or simultaneous matching, the color that was not actively moved gives less then expected damage. This occurs with both colors coming from the same character. For example, my lvl85 c.storm does 50 damage per green tile and 45 damage per blue tile. If I swap a blue and green tile while actively moving the green tile that will result in 150 damage from the green and instead of 135 damage with blue it will only deal 101 damage with blue. This occurs with both of the following two set ups diagramed below:

Simultaneous match
X X X G
X X X G
B B G B

Chain match
X G X
X B X
X G X
B G B

In both cases moving the green deals 150 green damage and 101 blue damage, and both colors are marked with c.storm lightning bolts.

Comments

• Also works when multiple characters are involved. Doing math and the secondary damage is always 75% of what it should be. So this may not be a bug but just a poorly documented design choice.
  • Yes, this is a feature. Each subsequent match does less and less damage. Try to observe damage while cascading 5+ times and you will see that damage become negligible after couple matches.